The ‘departure time’ (STD - Scheduled Time of Departure) is the time when the aircraft ‘begins to move’.
An aircraft cannot move immediately after passengers have onboarded.
The following preparations must be made after passengers have boarded the aircraft.
- Carry-on baggage must be stowed.
- Passengers must be seated and with seat belts fastened.
- The cabin door must be closed.
- The boarding bridge must be removed from the aircraft.
- Final check of emergency evacuation devices must be made.
After all of the above preparations for departure have been completed, the air traffic will give clearance and only then can the aircraft
finally start moving.
Considering these processes, the JAL Group requests passengers to board with plenty of time. If a passenger could not show up by the above mentioned times and it is determined that an on-time departure will not be achieved, the passenger may not be accepted for his/her flight.
We recommend you to arrive with ample time for leisure boarding.