Booking for Child and Infant
Infants: between 8 days and 2 years of age at the time of boarding
Child: between 3 and 12 years of age at the time of boarding
Booking for Infant
- Infants sharing a seat with an adult may fly free of charge, up to one infant per accompanying adult. Please enter passenger information as infant.
- One adult is allowed to accompany up to two infants. Only one of the infants can travel free of charge.
- Operated by J-AIR,JAC,RAC and cordshare flights have limit on the number of infants to board.
Important information for pregnant passenger whose expected date of delivery is within 28 days
- Only one infant is allowed to travel and a purchased seat is required.
- If you are flying on codeshare flights operated by Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA), traveling with infant less than 2 years old is not allowed.
If an Infant is occupying a seat (the same fare applied to a child will be charged)
- Please contact JAL Call Center for booking.
- You can bring your own child seat into the cabin to use it. Or you can rent a child seat for free. (Optional)
- The same fare which will be applied to a child will be charged.
Booking for Child
- Unaccompanied minors ages under 6 years old need to travel with someone 12 years of age or older.
- Ending with flights departing April 11, 2023, bookings for unaccompanied children age 6 and 7 years old cannot be made via the JAL website. Please contact Special Assistance (Traveling with Babies or Small Children, Children Traveling alone, Expectant mothers and Elderly customers).
- Beginning with flights departing April 12, 2023, bookings for unaccompanied children age 6 and 7 years old can be made via the JAL website. When making a booking, please register the name and contact information of the person(s) who will drop off and pick up the child.
- If you select a fare other than the Child Fare for your child (for flights departing April 11, 2023 and earlier), the system will automatically select the lower of either the Child Fare or other selected discounted fares.
- Please check the fare regulations for handling by fare.