Choose your seats for FREE
when flying with us
Check seat map and select the available seat online.
About seat selection
Seat selection is available up to 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight.
If you have purchased your domestic flight ticket and selected your seat, you may directly go for boarding by "JAL Touch & Go", without checking in at the airport.
How to select a seat
STEP 1Select seat after flight booking, or when managing your booking
You may select your seats at the time of booking your flights or afterward.
- *If you have a flight booking, please select seat from the "Manage booking (domestic)" button.
Select seats on Booking Completed page (new booking)
Select seats on Booking Details page (manage booking)
STEP 2Select a seat
Select your preferred seat from the seat map or choose "Automated seat assignment" option.
Why can't I select a seat?
Please note that not all seats are available for advance selection because some seats are reserved for passengers who may need additional care on boarding the aircraft, or for adjusting the weight balance of the plane. Also note that the range of seats offered for advance selection is determined by the fare applied to your ticket.
If you cannot select a seat in advance, please try again on the day prior to departure or on the day of departure.
On the day prior to departure
From 5:00 AM of the day prior to departure, more pre-selectable seats will be added.
*Not all seats or fares are eligible for pre-selection.
On the day of departure
Select your seats at the Self Service Check-in and Ticketing Kiosk or at the airport check-in counter. Please complete your seat selection at least 15 minutes before your flight's scheduled departure time.
For customers with special needs (JAL Smile Support Desk)
If you are traveling with small children or escorts but unable to select seats together, please contact our JAL Smile Support Desk.
Business hours: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM, daily
0120-25-0001 (toll free)
Notes about seat selectionShow
- Seat selection is only available to fares for individual passengers. (Not applicable for Group Fares)
- Pre-selected seat numbers are subject to change or cancellation without priort notice, in case of aircraft configuration change or any other reason beyond our control.
- Priority seats at the back row of Class J cabin are recommended to Class J passengers flying with children under 3 years of age.
Request to passengers assigned to an emergency exit row seat. (*Please read.)Hide
In accordance with a directive issued by the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, from April 1, 2009, for the safety of all passengers, emergency exit seats will be limited to passengers that satisfy all the conditions below.
- Aged 15 years or above (assignment is not permitted for minors under 15 years of age).
- Does not require the assistance of an escort or staff. 3. Is capable of assisting in an emergency evacuation, such as opening or closing an aircraft door.
- Is capable of assisting in an emergency evacuation, such as opening or closing an aircraft door.
- Can understand evacuation procedures and crew's instructions, and verbally convey such information to other passengers.
- Does not have to assist an accompanying passenger in an emergency evacuation.
- Consents to providing assistance in an emergency evacuation.
Passengers seated in emergency exit row seats will be requested to assist during an emergency evacuation under instructions of cabin crew. Carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead compartment during takeoff and landing, not to be placed at your feet or on your lap.