About flight tickets
Learn about how JAL domestic flight tickets are handled.
Booking changes, cancellations, and refunds initiated by the customer
Information about the procedures for changing and canceling bookings, as well as refunds.
Changes and refunds when flight schedules are expected to change
Information about what will happen and what to do when there is likely to be a delay or cancellation of the booked flight due to inclement weather, aircraft problems, etc.
How to use tickets
- Flight tickets and passenger copies of e-tickets may only be used by the passenger whose name they indicate.
- In the event of a passenger change, please first get a refund and then purchase a new ticket.
- Tickets may not be transferred to third parties. Tickets may not be used by passengers other than those indicated on the ticket. This also applies to tickets purchased through Internet auctions, etc.
- Fraudulent boarding will incur the prescribed penalty charge.
- Please board the aircraft in the order indicated on the ticket.
Flight ticket validity
- Booked flight tickets are valid only for the flight booked.
- Tickets not booked are generally valid for 90 days from the date of or day after purchase. This does not apply for special-fare tickets otherwise prescribed.
- When replacement tickets are issued in connection with a rebooking, etc., the initial ticket's period of validity will apply.
Forgotten or lost tickets
Lost tickets cannot be reissued.
Please purchase a replacement ticket on the date of departure at the departing airport.
- *Replacement tickets are those purchased in place of tickets that cannot be presented when boarding.
The same fares apply for adults, children, and discounts for those with disabilities.
Forget your ticket?
- Please obtain a repurchase certificate when purchasing a replacement ticket on the departure date at the departing airport.
- The replacement ticket cost will be refunded at a later date. Please inquire at any JAL Group city or airport domestic ticket counter or any agent handling booking, purchasing, and information services for JAL domestic flights.
Please see the page below for more information about what to do if you forget to bring a ticket.
Lost your ticket?
- You will need to submit a lost ticket report. Please inquire at any JAL Group city or airport domestic ticket counter or any agent handling booking, purchasing, and information services for JAL domestic flights. Reports must be received no later than 10 days from the day following the lost ticket's expiration date.
- Please purchase a replacement ticket on the departure date at the departing airport if continuing with your travel plans.
- JAL will investigate whether lost tickets have been used Refunds, minus refund fees provided for separately, will be made only when it can be confirmed that the lost ticket has not been used or refunded. An investigation fee of ¥2,000 per ticket (or ¥1,000 per ticket for surcharge tickets) will be incurred.
Please see the page below for more information about what to do if you lose a ticket.