Reservation change, cancellation and refund
Reservation change and refund due to flight disruption
Handling policy will be different when flight delay or cancellation is expected due to severe weather conditions or aircraft maintenance.
Reservation changes and cancellations
- Please make all booking changes and cancellations 20 minutes prior to the departure of your scheduled flight.
- *If changes or cancellations are not completed for the booked flight prior to its departure, bookings may not be changed to a different flight. This applies for even passengers with flight tickets that allow for booking changes. Only refunds can be issued in such situations.
Change a booking
- Change of passenger information (including name change) on the ticket is not permitted. To make any update on the passenger information, you are required to cancel the booking, refund the ticket and purchase a new ticket.
- Reservation change is not permitted for some fares. Please check the fare rules of your ticket.
|Fare typesDetail||Change permitted
- *1If there is any fare difference between the times of ticket purchase and rebooking, this difference will need to be settled (charge or refund).
- *2Please cancel and then redo the booking. No Refund Charge and Cancellation Charge will be applied.
- *3If there are seats available in First Class or Class J on the day of departure at the airport, upgrade is acceptable with an additional charge.
To change your booking after ticket purchase, please contact JAL Domestic Reservation and Information Desk.
Cancel a booking
If you cancel the booking before purchasing the ticket, no Refund Charge and Cancellation Charge will be applied.
Customers may request to have a flight ticket or surcharge ticket refunded.
About ticket refund
|Time limit for refund||
Ticket refund is accepted no later than 10 days after the ticket validity expired.
Special handlings apply in case of flight delay or cancellation due to inclement weather, etc.
All ticket refund will be subject to designated Refund Charge and Cancellation Charge.
JMB membership number, Order Number or e-ticket
|Passenger Facility Charge||
To be fully refunded
|Refund fee exemptions||
If a passenger or his/her travel companion is not able to travel due to sickness, the ticket can be refunded without Refund Charge and Cancellation Charge, provided that medical certificate issued by a physician is submitted.
How to apply a refund
|Ticket purchased from||Ticket paid by||Refund request accepted at||How to receive refund|
|JAL website||JAL call center||JAL Group domestic ticketing counter (city/airport)||Travel agent|
|JAL website||Credit card||Yes||Yes||Yes||Refund will be returned to the credit card used for the original payment.|
|e JAL Point||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|JAL call center||Credit card||Yes||Yes||Yes||Refund will be returned to the credit card used for the original payment.|
|Convenience store in Japan||Cash||No||Yes
|Online transfer, ATM transfer||Bank transfer||No||Yes
|JAL Group domestic ticketing counter (city/airport)||Credit card||Yes||Yes||Yes||Refund will be returned to the credit card used for the original payment.|
(e.g. travel coupon)
|No||No||Yes||Refunds may not be accepted depending on the form of payment of a ticket.|
|Designated travel agent||Cash||Yes
|Credit card||Yes||Refund will be returned to the credit card used for the original payment.|
- *Substitute Tickets or Ticket Code for Shareholder's Saver Fare will be provided if the refund is within the Shareholder's Saver Fare's ticket validity and the refund availability period for the ticket purchased.
When to receive a refund (Number of days required for refund processing)
|If the refund is returned to the credit card||
Payment will be processed by the credit card company as a general rule, refunds to customers from credit card companies will be settled by the coming credit card statement date. However, refunds may be issued during the next credit card statement period depending on when the refund request was accepted and on the credit card company's deadline for refund processing, as well as on the time required to complete administrative procedures.
|If the ticket was paid by cash, while refund by bank transfer (bank in Japan only)||
For passenger who have made the payment by cash, online transfer, or ATM transfer, the payment shall be made within 5 working days* to your appointed bank account in Japan.