Learn about carry-on baggage size and number allowances.
Free carry-on baggage allowance
You may carry onboard one bag containing personal belongings (handbag, camera, etc.) and one additional bag that meets the following conditions, with the total weight of both bags not to exceed 10kg (22lbs).
Item that exeeds the maximum total dimensions cannot be carried to the cabin, even each linear dimension is within the requirement.
If your baggage is oversized or overweight, or unable to be appropriately stowed in the cabin, it may need to be checked in cargo compartment at the boarding gate or cabin.
|Number of seats||Carrier||Size limits||Maximum weight|
|Above 100 *1||JAL, JTA||Total outside dimensions: within 115cm
W: within 55cm ×H: within 40cm×D: within 25cm
|Within 10kg (22lbs)|
|Below 100 *2||JAL, RAC||Total outside dimensions: within 100cm
W: within 45cm×H: within 35cm×D: within 20cm
- *1773/772(777)/787/789/767/734/738(73H) aircraft
- *2E70/E90/SF3/DH4/DH3/DH1/ATR aircraft
Baggage size includes the handles, pockets, wheels, etc.
- *Images above show the size limit for aircraft with more than 100 seats.
- *To know the aircraft type of your flight, please search on the domestic flight availability page. Aircraft type is indicated in 3-digit characters. 777 stands for 772, while 73H stands for 738 aircraft.
- *If your carry-on baggage exceeds the free allowance, you are required to pay the Extra Seat Charge for an extra seat.
- *Please note that some hazardous items are prohibited by the law as neither carry-on nor checked baggage.
How to store your bags on board
Please stow your baggage by yourself under the seat in front or in the overhead compartment.
Also, we would appreciate your cooperation with offering consideration for the nearby passengers when stowing your bags.
Leaving baggage in a place such as aisle or emergency exits hindering the evacuation is prohibited by law.
- *If you are seated directly behind screen, cabin separating wall and do not have a seat in front of you, your carry-on baggage may not be placed at your feet.
- *Please carry on your baggage within the purview of stowable size and weight in the overhead compartment by yourself. (Carrying too large and heavy baggage onboard to stow by yourself have caused injuries and troubles between passengers.)
Passengers seated in emergency exit row are prohibited to place carry-on baggage at the feet or on the lap.
If your baggage is not securely stowed, the following situations may occur.
- Cause injury
- Baggage may fly out of the hands in a sudden turbulence and cause injury.
- Impede emergency escape
- Contents may spill out in front of emergency exits and into aisles, impeding emergency escape.
- Hinder brace position
- Baggage may prevent getting into proper brace position in an emergency.