Waitlist reservation service
Is your preferred flight full? With the Waitlist Reservation Service on JAL's website, Mileage Bank members* can receive an e-mail notification when a seat becomes available.
- *Japan region members only
Join online and get access to the waitlist todayEnroll in JAL Mileage Bank
Making a waitlist request
Waitlist requests are accepted up until 24 hours prior to the flight's departure.
STEP1Search for available seats
When searching for seats, select "One way", choose the route and date, and click "Search".
STEP2Select your flight
On the seat search screen, click a flight and fare for which "Waitlist" is displayed.
STEP3Enter passenger information
Enter an e-mail address where JAL can contact you.
Waitlist requests can be made for up to 6 adults (including the member) and 2 accompanied children.
- *If a request includes more than one traveler, seats will only be assigned if enough seats become available for every traveler.
STEP4Waitlist request received.
Waitlist request received.
Notes on the Waitlist Reservation ServiceShow
Making a request
- Waitlist requests can be made for only 1 flight at a time. Other bookings cannot be added to existing waitlist requests, nor can waitlist requests be added to existing bookings.
- Waitlist requests can be made for up to 3 flights on the same date and route.
Requests cannot be processed via the JAL website in the following cases even if the 3-flight limit has not been reached. Please contact the JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information) by phone.
- *A request was canceled by means other than the website
- *A request was automatically canceled before seats were confirmed
- *A request expired and was automatically canceled after seats were confirmed by means other than the website
- If you wish to use a Round-Trip, Business KIPPU, or Special Transit Fare in conjunction with the waitlist, please select the regular fare when making a request. (Once seats become available, contact the JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information) before the booking confirmation or ticket purchase deadline to request the special fare.)
Canceling a reservation
- To cancel a waitlist request, log in to your JMB account and select "View Bookings/Purchase" from the top page.
When a seat becomes available
We will send an e-mail notifying you that a seat is available.
Responses to waitlist requests will be sent to the designated notification address.
Notifications will also be sent to other JMB members accompanying you (if notifications are turned on).
(E-mails are not sent during late night and early morning hours. Please note, however, that information on upcoming flights may be sent during late night/early morning hours as the travel date approaches.)
Waitlist seats must be confirmed by the specified deadline. Seats that are not confirmed by the deadline will be canceled.
Seats must be confirmed within 6 days of the seats becoming available or by the date of travel, whichever is earlier.
Procedure when a seat becomes available
Log in to your JMB account and go to Booking Overview. Click the "Confirm" button next to the flight you wish to confirm.
On the Waitlist screen, click the "Confirm Booking" button to confirm your seat.
STEP3Seat confirmed (Booking Details screen)
Review your booking number and purchase deadline and complete your ticket purchase by the deadline.
If you already have a ticket for an alternate flight, contact the JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information) to make the change. Please be sure to notify JAL of your ticket number by the booking confirmation or ticket purchase deadline.
- *Please complete your purchase/registration within 3 days of confirming your seat.
The payment deadline may vary depending on the type of fare selected.
- *When purchasing a multi-trip fare such as the Round-Trip Fare or Business KIPPU, contact the JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information) to combine your bookings into one before purchasing. (Discounts will not apply if tickets are purchased separately for each one-way segment.)