Purchase ticket for someone even you are not traveling
Flight tickets can be booked and purchased by even those who will not be taking the flight.
This lets you give flight tickets as gifts to family members and friends living far away.
How to use
STEP1Book tickets in the passengers' names, then complete the purchase process
Please be sure to make a note of the Order Number provided upon payment completion online.
- *When making payment by credit card online, the Order Number will be shown only once, after the payment is processed. Please make a note of the number.
STEP2Inform passengers the Reservation Number and Order Number
Along with all other flight booking information, such as flight numbers, dates, Reservation Number, be sure to give passengers the Order Number.
- *Although flight booking information will be sent by e-mail once the booking is completed, the e-mail does not contain the Order Number.
Please inform the Order Number to the passenger separately.
STEP3Prepare things needed for the flight
Passengers will need to have their 2D barcodes (e-ticket itinerary/receipt) or JMB/JALCARD ready for boarding.
2D barcode (e-ticket itinerary/receipt)
2D barcode can be acquired from the Manage Booking screen.
JMB members will need to log in, while non-JMB members will need to provide flight numbers, departure dates, and Reservation Number in order to acquire 2D barcode.
If the passenger is not a JMB member, he or she will need to input the Reservation Number to acquire the 2D barcode.
JMB card/JALCARD, Osaifu-Keitai ®
Passenger may also bring the JMB/JALCARD, or Osaifu-Keitai® (the initialized JAL Touch & Go app/JAL IC Pocket app) to the airport on the day of departure.
- *One barcode is issued for one person. The barcode is non-transferable.
- *It is not necessary to reacquire the 2D barcode even the booking is changed.
However, to ensure that the most up-to-date information is shown, we recommend reacquiring one with the latest itinerary before departure.
- *Osaifu-Keitai® is a registered trademark of NTT DOCOMO, INC
STEP4Board the flight at the airport
To board the flight, passengers may either use JAL Touch & Go boarding or check in at a Self Service Check-in and Ticketing Kiosk.
- *If passengers do not have 2D barcodes (e-ticket itinerary/receipt) or JMB/JALCARD, they need to acquire the boarding passes by entering the Confirmation Number (the above-mentioned Order Number) at a Self Service Check-in and Ticketing Kiosk in the airport.
JAL Touch & Go
Check in at a Self Service Check-in and Ticketing Kiosk
- Keep the Order Number in a safe place. They will be used as an authorization code when making changes to a booking, picking up boarding passes, and requesting refunds.
- Please note that the Order Number cannot be retrieved once lost.
- Passengers without the Order Number or other authorization codes on the day of departure will not be able to board their flights. New tickets will need to be purchased in such cases.