Special Transit Fare
Special Transit Fare includes First Class Special Transit Fare, Class J Special Transit Fare and Special Transit Fare. (Child Fare / Discount for the Disabled are available for this fare type.)
This fare type is available to customers aged 3 and older traveling on specific routes (2 segments) with a connection at the same airport on the same day. The 2 segments must be reserved and purchased together.
Please refer to the press release for eligible routes.
March 31 - October 26, 2019
Peak 1: July 1 - August 1, August 19 - 31, 2019
Peak 2: March 31, August 2 - 18, 2019
Off-peak: April 1 - June 30, September 1 - October 26, 2019
October 27, 2019 - March 28, 2020
Peak 1: December 1 - 12, 2019, March 1 - 5, 2020
Peak 2: December 13, 2019 - January 5, 2020 and March 6 - 28, 2020
Off-peak: October 27 - November 30, 2019, January 6 - February 29, 2020
March 29 - October 24, 2020
Peak 1: July 1 - August 6, August 17 - 31, 2020
Peak 2: March 29 - 31, August 7 - 16, 2020
Off-peak: April 1 - June 30, September 1 - October 24, 2020
9:30 am, 330 days before the departure date.
Tickets are valid on the ticket issuance date and remain valid for 1 year from the next day of ticket issuance date.
Reserved tickets are valid only for the specified reserved flight. Please change or cancel your reservation prior to departure time if you do not plan to board the reserved flight. (Tickets not changed or canceled by departure time cannot be used to fly.)
Ticket purchase deadline
Tickets must be purchased within three days of reservation.
- * If the date of reservation is within two days of the date of travel, tickets must be purchased by the date of travel. (They can be purchased at the airport.)
Reservation changes are permitted.
However, the arrival airport of Segment 1 and the departure airport of Segment 2 must be the same.
- * Travelers and routes may not be changed, nor may routes be reversed.
- * Please ensure changes are made at least 15 minutes prior to the reserved flight's departure.
- * If a change in reservation causes the fare to increase over the original fare, the fare difference must be paid.
- * If you purchase a One-Way Fare ticket and later wish to add a return flight and apply the Round-Trip Fare, please contact the JAL call center (JAL Reservation & Information).
A charge will be applied for changes to Class J or First Class at the departure airport on the date of travel.
Travelers to/from Tokyo (Haneda/Narita), Osaka (Itami/Kansai/Kobe), and Fukuoka (Fukuoka/Kitakyushu) may choose either airport as their point of departure/arrival.
Cancellations must be made at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time of the reserved flight.
Refunds and cancellations of purchased tickets are subject to designated handling charges.
The deadline to receive a refund is 10 days from the day after the ticket expires.
If a refund is requested for one segment only, the One-Way Fare will be applied to the remaining segment. If a refund is requested for the second segment after the first is complete, the One-Way Fare will be applied to the completed segment and the remaining balance will be refunded.
Economy: Available for reservation
Class J: Available for reservation and same-day upgrade
First Class: Available for reservation and same-day upgrade
Mileage accumulation rate
Special Transit Fare: 100%
Class J Special Transit Fare: 110%
First Class Special Transit Fare: 150%
- It cannot be used in conjunction with other discounted fares.
- If using the Special Transit Fare for the Disabled, please select "Discount for the Disabled" and complete the reservation. Physical disability certificate, Medical rehabilitation handbook, Mental disability certificate or JMB card or JALCARD with the customer's personal information registered is required for reservation/purchase.
- Special Transit Fare for the Disabled travelers who reserve and purchase tickets without registering their personal information in advance cannot use the JAL Touch & Go boarding unless they present their certificate at the time of purchase.
Please refer to the press release for fares.