Paid advance seat selection for Extra Legroom Seat
Front row seat with extra legroom is available through paid advance seat selection service.
Enjoy an even more relaxing flight experience with seat with extra legroom.
- Paid seat can be selected from exit row and/or bulkhead seat when available.
In some aircraft type code such as V40, seats with extra legroom are not in front row.
- Seat availability is limited.
- Seat configuration type varies by aircraft type.
Paid seat extra fee varies by region of purchase.
- If you purchase in the other rigions except for Japan and Canada, you will be paying in currency applicable to each region equivalent to the US dollar amount.
||Sales in Japan
||Sales in Canada
|Flights between Japan and Europe, North America, Australia, and India
||$ 100 (CAD)
||$ 100 (USD)
|Flights between Japan and South East Asia (Except Manila)
||$ 60 (CAD)
||$ 60 (USD)
|Flights between Japan and East Asia, Guam, Manila and Vladivostok
||$ 40 (CAD)
||$ 40 (USD)
- Per passenger/Per flight segment
- Extra paid seat fee for child will be same as adult
- Infants traveling without a seat is not required to purchase.
- You can check the availability on the seat map during your booking process.
Eligible Ticket and Applicable Flight
- JAL International Tickets (Tickets issued by Japan Airlines starting with '131' )
- Ticketed as JAL international flight numbers and operated by JAL
- Canada routes will be available for flights departing on/after December 21, 2020.
Passengers who have reservation with below booking class
Economy class (B/H/K/M/L/V/S/Q/N/O/T)
- JMB Diamond, JGC Premier, JMB Sapphire, JMB Cristal, JAL Global Club and One World Tier Status members can choose extra legroom seats free of charge in advance.
Extra Legroom Seat is available free of charge through JAL call center for an accompanying passenger traveling with status members above.
- If you have booked your flight with booking class "Y", you can select extra legroom seats free of charge in advance.
- Certain fare type* not eligible for advance seat selection service are not eligible for paid seat.
This paid seat service is not applicable to inclusive tour fare or group fare, etc.
- The range of seats available for selection may be limited based on fare type, required mileage (award ticket) and purchase location.
Because only a limited number of seats can be pre-selected, we may not be able to accommodate your preferences.
- Emergency exit row seats will be limited to passengers satisfying all of the conditions.
Exit row seats will be re-assigned on the day of departure without any refund if customers do not meet any of the safety criteria.
How to apply for the service
You can purchase this service at the same time as you purchase your ticket on the JAL website or, you can purchase it afterwards from the "Manage Booking" function on our website.
To apply for this service, please see below for details.
- Purchases can be made before check-in (including Web Check In) is complete.
- Customers traveling with infants can purchase this service by calling theie nearest customer contact center.
- As arrangements will need to be checked for passengers traveling with an infant, seats cannot be selected via the JAL website. Please contact the call center.
- If have made a reservation, you cannot purchase this service until you have issued your ticket. Please make your purchase using the "Manage Booking" function on our website.
If you would like to reserve or purchase a ticket, please see this section
If you have already purchased a ticket, please see this section
- Please refer here for the acceptable credit cards.
You can check in and get on board as usual with the boarding pass where your seat number of the paid seat displays.
Web Check-in advance registration/Web Check-in is available when you purchased paid seat.
Changes and Refunds (Voluntary)
Change seat on the same flight
Change to the other paid seat
Seat change is permitted without additional fee.
Seat change is permitted, but the fee for purchased paid seat is not refundable.
Flight change through JAL website after you purchased an extra legroom seats are not available. Please contact JAL call center if you need to change a flight.
In case of change to flight on same sector
You can still select a paid seat without additional fee.
When you select free seat, the fee for purchased paid seat is refundable.
In case of change to flight on different sector
The fee for purchased paid seat is refundable.
Please purchase through JAL website if you wish to select a paid seat on new flight.
Upgrades with miles or additional payment
The fee for purchased paid seat is refundable.
Please contact JAL call center if you applied Upgrade through JAL website or at departing airport.
Refunds for paid seat only is not accepted in case there is no flight change.
If you request refund for JAL ticket, the fee purchased paid seat is refundable. Please contact JAL call center for the refund.
- Refund validity :
1 year and 30 days from the date of purchase
- To passengers who purchased your JAL ticket from travel agent :
If you are changing or cancelling your flight, please contact the travel agent.
In regards to paid advance seat selection or refund of the fee, please contact JAL call center.
Precautions for seat transfer (Please read carefully)
Precautions for using the service (Please read carefully)