JAL Group Airlines (JL)
What is Flight Mileage?
Flight mileage is automatically credited to your JMB account when you travel on eligible flights. In order to accrue miles, your JMB membership number must be provided when making the reservation or at check-in. Additionally, all tickets must be issued in the JMB member's name. Flight mileage is based on the sector mileage specified for the sector(s) traveled and on the accumulation rate for the fare of the purchased ticket.
- *Some situations are not eligible for mileage accrual. Learn more
JMB sector mileage is calculated based on IATA TPM (International Air Transport Association Ticketed Point Mileage).
- *Revision of mileage will be made twice a year; in July based on the IATA TPM released in spring and in January based on the IATA TPM released in autumn of the previous year.
|Classes||Applicable booking classes||Accumulation rate|
|Japan Airlines (JL)||First Class
||J, C, D, X||125%|
|Premium Economy Class
||W, E *1||100%|
|H, K, M||70%|
|L, V, S, O, G, R||50%|
|Q, N *1||30%|
- *1For booking classes E and N, the accumulation rate is 50% when traveling on package tours.
- *Inclusive Tour Fares are eligible for mileage accrual if booked in any of the applicable booking classes above. Regardless of the fare paid, tickets will be ineligible for mileage accrual if booked in any class that is not noted above.
- *When traveling on an upgrade award, mileage is based on the fare of the purchased ticket.
- *When upgrading to Premium Economy Class at the airport, mileage is based on not the fare of the Premium Economy Class ticket but the fare of the purchased Economy Class ticket.
- *Extra operation flights and codeshare flightscodeshare flightsFlights operated as part of a codeshare agreement where two or more airlines share and offer the same flight. are eligible for mileage accrual. Please note that mileage will accrue only for flights that are booked and traveled with JAL flight numbers.
- *As a general rule, the accumulation rate is 50% for charter flights (or 70% for booking class I).
- *Eligible booking classes and mileage accumulation rates are subject to change without prior notice.
| Japan Airlines (JAL)
Japan Transocean Air (JTA)
Japan Air Commuter (JAC)
Ryukyu Air Commuter (RAC)
|Normal Fare, Child Fare, Round-Trip Fare, Discount for the Disabled, Care Giver's Saver, JAL Business KIPPU, e Business 6, Special Transit Fare, Remote Island Fare.||100%|
|Tokubin 1, Tokubin 3, Tokubin 7, Tokubin 21, Sakitoku Type A, Sakitoku Type B, Super Sakitoku, Ultra Sakitoku, Senior Citizen Stand-By Fare, JMB Companion Fare *1, Sky Mate Stand-By Fare, Shareholder's Saver Fare, Transit Fare 7, Transit Fare 28, RAC Round-Trip Fare, etc.||75%|
|Individual Inclusive Tour Fare *2||50%|
|When traveling in First Class on applicable fares that are eligible for mileage accrual *3||An additional 50%|
|When traveling in Class J on applicable fares that are eligible for mileage accrual *3||An additional 10%|
Fare names are commonly used fare names. More information about fares can be found here.
- *1Please be advised that itineraries redeemed by miles are not eligible for Flight Miles, FLY ON Points and will not count number of qualifying flights.
- *2In tour brochures, the Earn miles logo to the right will indicate tour packages that are eligible for mileage accrual.
- *3Mileage for First Class and Class J will not accrue when original tickets are not eligible for mileage accrual, regardless of whether the First Class or Class J surcharge is paid at the airport on the day of your flight.
- *For Japan domestic flight sectors included in international tickets that are based on fares eligible for mileage accrual, mileage will be credited as 150% for First Class, 110% for Class J, and 100% for Economy Class regardless of the accumulation rates noted above.
- *Fare names are subject to change without notice.
- *Codeshare flights operated by other airlines are eligible for mileage accrual only when they are flown with JAL flight numbers.
Ineligibility for Mileage Accrual
Mileage will not accrue in the following situations:
- When traveling under a different name
- When traveling on award tickets, non-revenue tickets, or special discounted fares such as travel agent fares, tour conductor fares, or infant fare
- When using cargo flights or charter flights.(except JAL International Flights)
- When traveling on tickets or booking classes that are ineligible for mileage accrual based on agreements with partner airlines
- When the flight is not boarded for any reason, including due to flight delay or cancellation
- When the flight has been registered to a frequent flyer program other than JMB
How to Accumulate Flight Mileage
When making a reservation
Flight mileage will automatically be credited to your account when you provide your JMB membership before your flight.
On the JAL website
To make a reservation, log in to your JMB account using your JMB membership number and PIN.
When making a reservation, please provide your JMB membership number.
Please request post-flight credit if you did not provide your JMB membership number before your flight. All requests must be made within six months from the flight date.
- *When traveling on JAL domestic flights, mileage can also be registered through the Self Service Check-in and Ticketing Kiosks that are located at the airport.
Earn more miles!
Special bonus miles for JALCARD holders
Earn up to 5,000 bonus miles for your first flight following your enrollment with JALCARD.
JALCARD holders will also receive up to 2,000 miles as an annual first flight bonus, in addition to bonus miles for each flight flown.