JAL International Upgrade Awards
Booking class E fares will not be eligible for JAL International Upgrade Awards on flights leaving on or after February 1, 2021.
Promotion for FLY ON members only
A designated number of miles will be credited back to the original account toward the end of the month following an eligible flight.
What are JAL International Upgrade Awards?
JAL International Upgrade Awards allow you to redeem your miles to fly in the next higher class of service than that of your purchased ticket.
International routes on the following JAL Group airlines are eligible for upgrade awards.
- Japan Airlines (JAL)
- *Flights without a higher class of service are not eligible.
- *Upgrade awards are not available on Japan domestic routes.
- *Upgrade awards are not available on codeshare flights operated by other airlines or on codeshare flights operated by JAL but bearing a flight number of another airline.
- *Other sectors may not be eligible. Non eligible flights and routes are subject to change without prior notice.
Tickets Eligible for Upgrade Awards
Tickets Eligible for Upgrade
Tickets with the following booking classes printed in the CLASS column.
|Business Class > First Class|
|Economy Class/Premium Economy Class > Business Class|
|Economy Class > Premium Economy Class|
- *1Flights boarded on/before January 31, 2021 are eligible for upgrade.
Tickets Not Eligible for Upgrade
Individual or group inclusive tour fares, special discounted fares, JMB award tickets and tickets subject to special provisions.
- *For booking classes other than J and Y, flights traveled in Dynamic Package or international package tour products are ineligible for upgrade.
- *Certain types of fares are not eligible for upgrade, regardless of whether an eligible fare is printed on the ticket.
- *Seats designated for upgrade awards are limited and may not be available even upon purchase of an eligible ticket.