JAL International Award Tickets
JMB News & Special Offers
Deadlines for Award Reservations
Award reservations will be accepted from 10:00 (Japan time), 360 days prior to flight departure (not including the day of departure).
Reservations for round-trip tickets are available from 360 days prior to the departure date of your itinerary's final returning flight sector.
|Reservations made on the JAL website||Reservations made by phone|
|48 hours (departure city time) prior to the departure of the first flight sector||24 hours (departure city time) prior to the departure of the first flight sector|
- *If the above deadlines fall outside the operating hours of the Call Center or JAL Office, the deadline will be the previous business day.
Waitlisting is permitted for First Class only.
The following waitlist holding periods will apply.
|Itinerary||First Class waitlist holding period|
|90 - 360 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector||Waitlisted reservations will be held until 82 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector|
|8 - 89 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector||Waitlisted reservations will be held until either 7 days after making the reservation, or 8 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector, whichever is earlier|
|Within 7 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector||Waitlisting is not permitted|
- *Waitlisted requests that are not booked and ticketed by the relevant waitlist holding period will be canceled.
- *Reservation changes are not permitted for waitlisted flights.
To makes changes, please cancel your existing reservation and then make a new reservation for your desired itinerary.
How to Request Awards
Requests for award ticket must be made through JAL web site or the JMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center of your membership region.
Reservation for a round-trip tickets is available from 360 days prior to the departure date of your itinerary's final returning flight sector.
How to request JAL International Award Tickets from the JAL Mileage Bank top page
Please log in to your JMB account to request an award. After logged in, please follow the steps below from the JAL Mileage Bank top page.
1Click "Award Redemption (Air)" from "Member Menu".
2Select the appropriate option from the "International award ticket" menu.
- Click "Book JAL International Award Ticket" to search for flights with your selected flight dates only
- Click "International Award Ticket Seat Availability Check Calendar" to search for flights using the calendar
To make requests by phone, please contact the JMB Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center below.
JMB Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center
- *Requests made by phone will incur a Ticket Service Fee
- *JAL website only award ticket promotions are available only through the JAL website. Requests are not accepted by phone.
- *When using the JAL website, the system will automatically select and display direct flights and connecting flights between the specified cities of departure and arrival.
Online reservations can be made only for the displayed flight options. If your desired flight is not displayed, please contact JMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center.
Reminders When Requesting Awards
At the time of making your reservation, you must have the total amount of mileage required for award redemption in your JMB account. If you do not have enough miles, you will not be able to make a reservation.
- Award ticket bookings must be completed via the JMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center or JAL website for all sectors.
- Award tickets for open itineraries cannot be issued.
- Miles will be deducted and the award ticket issuance process will be started immediately upon completion of the award reservation/request.
- On the JAL website, up to nine passengers can be booked in one transaction. However, if fewer than nine seats are available for award booking, only the available number of award seats can be booked.
Waitlisting for First Class
- Waitlisting is permitted for one itinerary only.
Waitlisting is permitted for 1 flight sector each way per itinerary. If the itinerary includes confirmed flight sector(s), additional waitlisted reservations will not be permitted for the confirmed flight sector(s).
- Priority waitlisting will apply to JMB FLY ON status members (JMB Diamond, JGC Premier, JMB Sapphire, and JMB Crystal members) and JAL Global Club members.
- If the requested number of seats is unavailable for all passengers on the same reservation, all of the passengers on the reservation will be waitlisted.
Passengers Requiring Special Requirements
As the following passengers may need special arrangements, please contact the JMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center of your membership region after completing the reservation bookings. Seat selection is also handled by the aforementioned JMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center of your membership region.
- A pregnant passenger falling under any of the following:
- *Medical Information Form (MEDIF) must be submitted. Click here to download the Medical Information Form (MEDIF) .
- When the expected date of delivery is within four weeks (28 days)
- When there is some doubt concerning the expected date of delivery
- In the case of a multiple pregnancy
- If there is a history of early delivery
- When a stretcher, medical device or medical oxygen tank is required
- *Medical Information Form (MEDIF) must be submitted. Click here to download the Medical Information Form (MEDIF).
- When a child between 5 and 11 years of age is not accompanied by an adult (children under 5 years of age require the reservation of an accompanying adult)
How to Collect Your Award Ticket
Please retrieve and print your e-ticket itinerary/receipt from the JAL website. Please note that this option may not be available for some itineraries.
- *Any applicable taxes or charges may be paid by a credit card that is accepted.
As a security measure when calling the JMB International Award Reservations Desk, Japan, you will be required to authenticate your credit card information by entering your credit card number, expiration date, and security code from your phone's dial pad.