Airport Lounge Access
In response to the Coronavirus, the validity period of JAL lounge coupons originally valid until a date between March 31, 2020 and July 31, 2021 will be extended. The new validity of these lounge coupons will be August 31, 2021.
If you have lounge coupons that are valid until a date between March 31, 2020 and July 31, 2021, presenting them at a participating lounge will grant you access until August 31, 2021.
The safety and well-being of our customers and team members remains our top priority. Please check the latest updates regarding the operation of international airport lounges. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.For more information
Criteria Based on Membership Status
Airport Lounge Access Service
To access a lounge, please present either your status card or the JAL app screen after login as verification of your current status.
JMB Diamond, JGC Premier, JMB Sapphire, JAL Global Club members
Present verification of your current status
Lounge access for the tier status member and one traveling companion
Present verification of your current status together with two lounge coupons (issued in exchange for miles)
Lounge access for the tier status member and one traveling companion, as well as two additional traveling companions upon presentation of two lounge coupons
JMB Crystal members
Present verification of your current status together with one lounge coupon (issued in exchange for miles)
Lounge access for the tier status member only
How to Access a Lounge
To enter a lounge, hold your two-dimensional barcode or IC card over the barcode reader at the lounge entrance. If you will be using lounge coupons, please present them to the airport lounge staff.
- *To use a lounge when taking a codeshare flight operated by Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA) or Amakusa Airlines (AMX), you will need to collect your boarding pass at the check-in counter for presentation to the airport lounge staff.
- *At lounges without barcode readers, please present verification of your current status and boarding pass (or boarding information slip) at the lounge entrance.
Lounge access is available to JMB Diamond, JGC Premier, JMB Sapphire, and JAL Global Club members at your departure airport.
Please present verification of your current status and boarding pass to enter a lounge.
- *When using lounge coupons for traveling companions, please present the lounge coupons to the airport lounge staff at the lounge entrance. At airports outside Japan, please present the lounge coupon for your traveling companions at the check-in counter when you will be accessing any lounge other than a Sakura Lounge.
- *Presentation of both a JGC membership card and verification of your current status will not grant lounge access to more than the allowed number of guests.
- *Lounge coupons issued in exchange for miles cannot be used to access Diamond Premier Lounges, JAL First Class Lounges, and other certain airport lounges.
More about lounge coupons
Eligible Routes and Fares for JAL Lounge Access
|International airport lounges||Japan domestic airport lounges|
|Eligible routes||JAL international routes||JAL Group domestic routes|
|Eligible fares||All fares (including award tickets)|
- *Lounge access is not available to tier status members and traveling companions when flying on the following flights:
- Codeshare flights operated by JAL that bear the flight number of an airline other than JAL.
- Codeshare flights operated by other airlines that bear a JAL flight number (Some exceptions apply for certain flights and airports. For more information, please refer to the services offered on codeshare flights.)
- Flights other than those operated by JAL Group airlines.
- *Lounge access is subject to capacity constraints. Lounge access is not available upon arrival at your destination. Lounges open in accordance with departure time.
oneworld Lounge Access
Members with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use any of the some 600 lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any oneworld member airline flight.
- *Please present verification of your oneworld status and boarding pass to enter a lounge. Lounges can be accessed by the tier status member and one traveling companion.
- *For more information about available lounges when flying on oneworld alliance member airlines flights, please ask the airport staff of the respective airline at the time of check-in.
- *Lounge coupons cannot be used to access a lounge.
- *Lounge access is not available to members who present verification of a status level equivalent to oneworld Ruby.
- *At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints.
Access is available only on the day of departure when your onward flight is with a oneworld member airline.
Access to some lounges operated by third parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times.
For more information, please refer to oneworld lounge access.
Airport Lounge Restrictions
- *Travelers must present (1) their status card or the JAL app screen after login and (2) boarding pass (or boarding information slip) to enter airport lounges. At some airports, travelers may be required to collect a lounge voucher at the check-in counter. For more information, please inquire with the airport check-in counter staff.
- *More information about airports where lounge access is available to traveling companions can be found at the following links:
(Domestic Flights,International Flights).
- *A maximum of 4 travelers (including the tier status member) are allowed for a single entry to a lounge. Airport lounge access is limited to a maximum of three traveling companions per tier status member (for a maximum of four travelers total), consisting of one traveling companion who is admitted upon presentation of a DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card and two traveling companions who are admitted upon presentation of two lounge coupons.
- *Tier status cardholders must accompany their traveling companions when entering a lounge. A traveling companion is defined as a passenger departing on a JAL Group flight on the same day as the tier status member. Traveling companions are not required to travel on the same flight as the tier status member.
- *Children three years of age or over (on Japan domestic flights) or two years of age or over (on international flights) are counted as a traveling companion.
- *At some airports, travelers may be required to request lounge access at the check-in counter prior to entering the lounge.