Airport Upgrades for JAL International Flights
This service is to apply for JAL International Upgrade Award upon check-in at the airport on the day of departure. This service can be used when a seat is available in the next higher class of service than that of the purchased ticket.
Eligible flights for this service
JAL International Flights
The following flights are excluded.
- Code-share flights operated by partner airlines.
- *Ineligible flights are subject to change without prior notice.
A JMB member who flies on the flights specified above using his or her own miles.
JMB members may also use miles for a traveling family member within two degrees of kinship upon presentation of their JMB Card or JALCARD or submission of a proxy registration form at the airport.
- *In order to view PDF documents, you will need to install Adobe Reader on your computer.
- Upgrade from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class
- Economy Class fare with a booking class of Y, B, H, K
- Upgrade from Economy Class/Premium Economy Class to Business Class
- Economy Class fare with a booking class of W, R, E, Y, B, H, K
- Upgrade from Business Class to First Class
- Business Class fare with a booking class of J, C, D, X
- *For booking classes other than J and Y, flights traveled in Dynamic Package or international package tour products are ineligible for upgrade.
- *Not applicable to award tickets.
Required mileage (one-way) for this Upgrade Award
- * Not applicable for promotions that require advance booking to request upgrade awards for fewer miles.
Airport Upgrade Discount Promotion for JAL International Flights
During the promotion period, Airport Upgrades can be redeemed for eligible routes with fewer miles than the standard mileage requirements.
- Promotion period:
- Promotion period: April 1, 2019 (Monday) - March 31, 2020 (Tuesday) (flight date)
- Eligible routes:
- JAL international flights
- *Certain restrictions apply to eligible routes and eligible higher classes of service. For more information, please refer to the JAL International Upgrade Awards Chart.
- *Not valid for code-share flights operated by other airlines.
- Required miles:
- Click here for the promotion from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
- Not applicable when you already have a confirmed seat for JAL International Upgrade Awards on the day of departure.
All other conditions for using awards will be in accordance with the conditions for Airport Upgrades for JAL International Flights.
- Not applicable when next higher class of service is fully booked at the time of check-in.
- Please note that your seating preference (such as a window seat, aisle seat, or seats together) may not be available.
- Advance application for this service will not be accepted. You must request this service on the day of departure even if you have made a waitlist request for an upgrade award in advance.v
- Please apply for this service at the airport where your flight will depart. When using the through check-in service, please request this service at the airport where your requested upgrade flight will depart.
- Required mileage for an upgrade award will be deducted at the airport counter.
- Even when a seat is available, you may not be able to use this service at some airports due to the availability of in-flight services.
- Mileage pool of "JALCARD Family Program" members and JALFC(JAL Family Club) members will be automatically applied and miles will be deducted in order of expiry date of mileage. Mileage cannot be deducted separately from separate accounts.