FLY ON Program
What is the FLY ON Program?
The FLY ON Program is designed for our most frequent flyers.
For every eligible flight you take, you will be awarded FLY ON Points automatically in addition to flight miles. Based on the FLY ON Points collected or number of qualifying flights taken during the previous calendar year, you will receive FLY ON membership status and the corresponding services and benefits for your tier of membership.
FLY ON Membership
For every eligible flight flown, you will be awarded FLY ON Points in addition to flight miles.
FLY ON membership level, together with the associated services and benefits, will be determined by the FLY ON Points collected or number of qualifying flights taken during the previous calendar year from January to December.
Fly with the JAL Group*1 or with any oneworld alliance member airline*2
Flight mileage is accrued according to the fare purchased.
Earn FLY ON Points
FLY ON Points are calculated and credited automatically based on flight mileage.
Earn flight mileage
Flight mileage is credited to the JMB account of the member who travels.
Qualify for FLY ON membership
FLY ON membership level is determined by the FLY ON Points collected or number of qualifying flights taken during the previous calendar year.
Redeem miles for awards
Your miles can be redeemed for award tickets or other awards.
|JAL Group airlines||Japan Airlines (JAL), Japan Transocean Air (JTA), Japan Air Commuter (JAC), Ryukyu Air Commuter (RAC)|
|oneworld alliance member airlines||American Airlines (AA), British Airways (BA), Cathay Pacific (CX/KA), Finnair (AY), Iberia (IB), LATAM Airlines (LA/LP/XL/4M/JJ), Malaysia Airlines (MH), Qantas (QF), Qatar Airways (QR), Royal Jordanian (RJ), S7 Airlines (S7), SriLankan Airlines (UL)|
- *1To earn FLY ON Points, JAL Group flights (including codeshare flights operated by other airlines) must be flown with fares eligible for JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) mileage accrual and the associated flight mileage must be credited to your JMB account.
- *2oneworld alliance member airlines' flights must be flown with fares eligible for JMB mileage accrual and the associated flight mileage must be credited to your JMB account.
- *3JGC Premier is available only to JAL Global Club (JGC) members.
- *FLY ON Points differ from flight mileage, which is used to redeem award tickets and other JMB awards.
- *Bonus mileage earned from promotions, shopping mileage, hotel mileage, mileage earned when traveling with partner airlines that are not oneworld alliance members, and mileage earned from JMB partners do not count toward FLY ON membership qualification.
FLY ON Points
FLY ON Points are based on flight mileage.
FLY ON Points
mileageFlight mileage is calculated based on the sector mileage specified for the sector(s) traveled and on the accumulation rate for the class and fare of the purchased ticket.
FLY ON Point
- Domestic flights within Japan: FLY ON Points × 2
- JAL flights connecting Japan with Asia or Oceania: FLY ON Points × 1.5
- All other international flights: FLY ON Points × 1
Flight bonus FLY ON
PointsWhen flying with the JAL Group, additional FLY ON Points are awarded according to the purchased fare.
Flight bonus FLY ON Points
Up to 400 additional FLY ON Points will be awarded on the basis of the actual fare paid for each flight.
Flight bonus FLY ON Points are now applicable to all eligible fares regardless of the promotion.
JAL Group domestic flights within Japan
|Fares||Flight bonus FLY ON Points|
|Normal Fare, Child Fare, Round-trip Fare,
JAL Business KIPPU, e Business, Shareholder's Saver Fare, Discount for the Disabled, Care Giver's Saver,
Tokubin 1, Tokubin 3, Tokubin 7, Tokubin 21, Remote Island Round-trip, RAC Round-Trip Fare, etc
|Special Transit, Child Fare for Special Transit,
Discount for the Disabled for Special Transit, Transit Fare7
|Sakitoku, Super Sakitoku, Ultra SAKITOKU, Senior Citizen Stand-by, Sky Mate Stand-by,
JMB Award, JMB Companion, Transit Fare 28, Individual Inclusive Tour Fares,
Group Discount Fares, etc.
JAL international flights
|Fares||Flight bonus FLY ON Points|
|Fares with booking classes「F」「A」「J」「C」「D」「X」「I」「W」「R」*1「E」*2「Y」「B」「H」「K」「M」「L」「V」「S」printed in the CLASS column of tickets.
*1 Flights boarded after September 30, 2019 are eligible.
*2 Ineligible for package tour.
|Fares other than above (Individual Inclusive Tour Fares, etc.)||0 points|
- *Japan domestic flight sectors included in international tickets are applicable to the promotion if the fares used are eligible for mileage accumulation.
- *Flights traveled using award tickets are not eligible.
FLY ON Membership Eligibility Period
The length of service eligibility will depend on the service that you wish to use. All services below will be available until March 31 of the second year following status qualification.
- First Services :
- Services that are available to members around one week after status qualification
Mile-Up Bonus, reservation services, etc.
- Second Services :
- Services that are available to members from the arrival of your FLY ON status card
Airport services, services that require members to present their membership card, etc.
- Third Services :
- Services that are available from April 1 of the year following status qualification
- *Third Services are available only to Diamond and JGC Premier members.
- *FLY ON qualification date is the day on which the member meets the status qualification requirements based on FLY ON Points that are credited to the member's JMB account or the number of flights taken in one calendar year from January through December.
- *FLY ON membership cards will arrive around two to three weeks after qualification.
- *Depending on where the member lives and for members living in regions other than Japan, circumstances may dictate that FLY ON status cards will arrive later than planned.
Membership Level Upgrades
As soon as you reach the required number of FLY ON Points or required number of flights that qualifies you for a higher FLY ON membership tier in the same calendar year, you will receive a FLY ON membership card starting from around one week after qualification, which activates some of the services offered to the higher FLY ON membership level. Membership level upgrades are only valid when advancing to a higher membership level in a single calendar year.
Please note that membership level upgrades do not apply when you maintain the same membership level (such as JMB Crystal to JMB Crystal).
- *FLY ON Points will be reset to zero every calendar year.