JOHN F. KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTFlights operated by JAL depart from and arrive at Terminal 1.
Updated : 2018/1/16
- Passengers transferring from Japan Airlines to non-oneworld member airlines
- Passengers transferring from non-oneworld member airlines to Japan Airlines
- Minimum Connecting Time (Approximate)
Terminal guidance of airlines
Departure and arrival terminals may differ from airlines. Please check the terminal information of your airline.
●=oneworld member airlines
Passengers transferring from Japan Airlines to non-oneworld member airlines
If you do not have your connecting boarding pass, please proceed to the departure terminal for your connecting flight and carry out the check-in procedure at the connecting airline's transfer counter.
Checked baggage (Re-check)
Regardless of whether your final destination is within the US or abroad, all passengers must go through a customs inspection when entering the United States.
Even if "final destination" is stamped on the baggage tag you were given when you checked your baggage at your departure point, you are still required to collect your baggage here and proceed through Customs.
The baggage collected for the customs inspection can be deposited again at Baggage Drop Off.
- Please exit the Customs area and proceed to the Baggage Drop Off counter on the right-hand side.
- Passengers who do not have a boarding pass for their connecting flight can go to their airline desk in the departures lobby to check in.
Moving between terminals
Japan Airlines (JL) flights arrive at John F. Kennedy Terminal 1. Please use the Air Train to move between terminal buildings.
Please check the TV monitors in each terminal to locate your terminal and departure gate. Japan Airlines flights arrive at Terminal 1.
|Time required (approximate)|
|Terminal 1 → Terminal 2||Approximately 15 minutes|
|Terminal 1 → Terminal 4||Approximately 20 minutes|
|Terminal 1 → Terminal 5||Approximately 22 minutes|
|Terminal 1 → Terminal 7||Approximately 20 minutes|
|Terminal 1 → Terminal 8||Approximately 15 minutes|
If you have any questions after passing through Customs, please ask at the Arrivals Information Counter (on the right after the Customs exit).
Passengers transferring from non-oneworld member airlines to Japan Airlines
- *Flights JL7005 and JL7007 (JAL codeshare flights operated by AA) will be operated as American Airlines flights (AA167 and AA135).
Passengers taking these flights should go to the American Airlines check-in counters.
Passengers connecting to flight JL005 should go to the John F. Kennedy International Terminal (Terminal 1) and check in at the Japan Airlines check-in counter.
If you are connecting from an airport within the United States or Canada and you checked your baggage through to your final destination at your departure point, you do not need to collect your baggage at John F. Kennedy International Airport, but it is necessary to verify the baggage tag you were issued upon check-in.
From January 16, Lufthansa Lounge and Air France Lounge are available.
More details can be found at the link below.
Minimum Connecting Time (Approximate) (Within JFK)
|JAL → other international airlines||120 minutes|
|JAL → other domestic airlines||105 minutes|
|Other international airlines → JAL||120 minutes|
|Other domestic airlines → JAL||75 minutes|
- Please be aware that transfer times can sometimes be longer.
- Depending on the connecting airline, connecting times may be longer than those listed above.
- For more information, please contact the Japan Airlines Reservations Center.
Depending on the airline, the departure and arrival terminal may differ, so please ensure that you confirm this when you are in situ.