SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTFlights operated by JAL depart from and arrive at Terminal 2 EAST.
Updated : 2022/1/12
- Passengers transferring to oneworld member airlines
- Passengers transferring from oneworld member airlines to Japan Airlines
- Minimum Connecting Time (Approximate)
Terminal guidance of oneworld member airlines
●=oneworld member airlines
|Terminal 2 West||
|Terminal 2 East||
Passengers transferring to oneworld member airlines
The following oneworld member airlines are found at San Diego International Airport:
- American Airlines (AA)
- British Airways (BA)
- Japan Airlines (JL) passengers connecting onto oneworld member airline flights should receive a boarding pass for the oneworld member airline flight upon departure from Japan. (*)
- If you do not have your connecting boarding pass, please proceed to the departure terminal for your connecting flight and carry out the check-in procedure at the connecting airline's check-in counter.
- *Passengers connecting between JAL ⇔ oneworld flights (including oneworld and JAL codeshare flights), will be issued a boarding pass for their connecting flight on departure. However, system issues can sometimes mean that the connecting boarding pass cannot be issued. In this event, you will need to carry out check-in procedures again at the connecting airport.
Checked baggage (Re-check)
Regardless of whether your final destination is within the US or abroad, all passengers must go through a customs inspection when entering the United States.
Even if "final destination" is stamped on the baggage tag you were given when you checked your baggage at your departure point, you are still required to collect your baggage here and proceed through Customs.
The baggage collected for the customs inspection can be deposited again at Baggage Drop Off.
- After completing the customs inspection, please exit the Customs area and proceed to the Baggage Drop Off counter on the right-hand side.
- Please show your airline ticket or boarding pass and re-check your baggage.
Moving between terminals
Japan Airlines(JL) flights arrive at Terminal 2W.
Transfers to American Airlines (AA)
Follow the signs from the arrivals level to level 2. The time required is around 6 minutes on foot after clearing Customs.
oneworld member airline terminals
|American Airlines (AA), British Airways (BA), Japan Airlines (JL) codeshare flights operated by American Airlines (AA)||These airlines depart from the same terminal as Japan Airlines (Terminal 2), so just take the elevator or escalator from the arrivals floor to the departures floor on level 2.|
At San Diego International Airport, you will find the following lounge.
Located after security in Terminal 2E.
- *In order to use a oneworld member airline lounge, you need to show a oneworld membership card with "elite status".
(If you are unable to present the card, you will not be admitted to the lounge.)
- Please see Airport information to find the location of the lounge above.
- Please see Using airport lounges for more information on the rules (eligibility) for using the lounge above.
After Customs, there are guides on hand to assist people, so please do not hesitate to ask one of them if anything is unclear.
Passengers transferring from oneworld member airlines to Japan Airlines
Passengers transferring from oneworld member airlines (mainly American Airlines (AA) at San Diego International Airport) to Japan Airlines should receive a boarding pass for flight JL065 at the departure airport. (*)
- *Passengers connecting between JAL ⇔ oneworld flights (including oneworld and JAL codeshare flights), will be issued a boarding pass for their connecting flight on departure.
However, system issues can sometimes mean that the connecting boarding pass cannot be issued.
In this event, you will need to carry out check-in procedures again at the connecting airport.
If you are connecting from an airport within the United States or Canada and you checked your baggage through to your final destination at your departure point, you do not need to collect your baggage at San Diego International Airport.
At San Diego International Airport, there is the Aspire Lounge. It is located after security in Terminal 2E.
- For more information about the lounge, please see Lounge service.
- Please see Using the lounge for rules (eligibility) on using the Japan Airlines Lounge.
Even if you have a boarding pass for flight JL065, you may be called by a staff member at the counter or departure gate prior to boarding in order to confirm your identity, or check your passport and travel document details.
Minimum Connecting Time (Approximate)
|JAL → other international airlines||90 minutes|
|JAL → other domestic airlines|
|Other international airlines → JAL|
|Other domestic airlines → JAL||60 minutes*|
* Transfers from JetBlue (B6) take 60 minutes.
- Please be aware that transfer times can sometimes be longer.
- Depending on the connecting airline, connecting times may be longer than those listed above.
- For more information, please contact the Japan Airlines Reservations Center.