LATAM Airlines will be leaving the oneworld alliance on May 1, 2020.
JMB members can continue to accrue Mileage on LATAM Airlines (LA/JJ/XL/4M)flights. However, codeshare flights departing on/after May 1, 2020 that are not operated by the LATAM Airlines Group (LA/JJ/XL/4M/LP/PZ) or JAL will be ineligible for Mileage accrual. Please note that FLY ON points with LATAM Airlines (LA/JJ/XL/4M) will not be awarded on/after May 1, 2020
What is Flight Mileage?
Flight mileage is automatically credited to your JMB account when you travel on eligible flights. In order to accrue miles, your JMB membership number must be provided in 9 digits*1 when making the reservation or at check-in. Additionally, all tickets must be issued in the JMB member's name. Flight mileage is based on the sector mileage specified for the sector(s) traveled and on the accumulation rate for the fare of the purchased ticket.
- *1Customers with less than 9 digits JMB membership numbers, please add 0 (ZERO) at the top.
Example: 1234567 → 001234567
- *Some situations are not eligible for mileage accrual. Learn more
- *JMB sector mileage is calculated based on IATA TPM (International Air Transport Association Ticketed Point Mileage).
Revision of mileage will be made in July and January of next year based on the IATA TPM released in spring and autumn previous year.
LATAM Airlines (LA/JJ/XL/4M)
|Fares||Business Class Fares||Premium Economy Class Fares||Normal Economy Class Fares||Special Economy Class Fares 1||Special Economy Class Fares 2||Special Economy Class Fares 3|
|Applicable booking classes||J, C, D, I, Z||W, P||Y, B||H, K, M, L||V, X, S, N, Q, O, G||A|
- *Inclusive Tour Fares are eligible for mileage accrual if booked in any of the applicable booking classes above. Regardless of the fare paid, tickets will be ineligible for mileage accrual if booked in any class that is not noted above.
- *For flights departing on/before April 30, 2020: Codeshare flights with LA/JJ/XL/4M flight numbers that are operated by oneworld alliance airlines and LATAM Group airlines (LA/JJ/XL/4M/LP/PZ) are eligible for flight mileage accrual.
- *For flights departing on/after May 1, 2020: Codeshare flights are eligible for flight mileage accrual only when operated by LATAM Group airlines (LA/JJ/XL/4M/LP/PZ) or JAL. Codeshare flights that are operated by any oneworld alliance airline other than JAL will be ineligible for flight mileage accrual.
- *For international flights flown on LATAM Airlines Argentina (with 4M flight numbers), you will be required to request post-flight credit to earn JMB miles.
- *For domestic flights, the booking classes shown below are eligible for mileage accrual:
Chilean domestic: J, C, D, I, Z, Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S
Peruvian domestic: Y, B, H, K
Argentinean domestic: Y, B, H
Ecuadorian domestic: Y, B, H, K, M, L, V
- *For some fares, the accumulation rate may differ from the rates shown above.
Ineligibility for Mileage Accrual
Mileage will not accrue in the following situations:
- When traveling under a different name
- When traveling on award tickets, non-revenue tickets, or special discounted fares such as travel agent fares, tour conductor fares, or infant fare
- When using cargo flights or charter flights.(except JAL International Flights)
- When traveling on tickets or booking classes that are ineligible for mileage accrual based on agreements with partner airlines
- When the flight is not boarded for any reason, including due to flight delay or cancellation
- When the flight has been registered to a frequent flyer program other than JMB
How to Accumulate Flight Mileage
When making a reservation
Flight mileage will automatically be credited to your account when you provide your JMB membership before your flight.
Please request post-flight credit if you did not provide your JMB membership number before your flight. All requests must be made within six months from the flight date.