American Airlines (AA)
What is Flight Mileage?
Flight mileage is automatically credited to your JMB account when you travel on eligible flights. In order to accrue miles, your JMB membership number must be provided in 9 digits*1 when making the reservation or at check-in. Additionally, all tickets must be issued in the JMB member's name. Flight mileage is based on the sector mileage specified for the sector(s) traveled and on the accumulation rate for the fare of the purchased ticket.
- *1Customers with less than 9 digits JMB membership numbers, please add 0 (ZERO) at the top.
Example: 1234567 → 001234567
- *Some situations are not eligible for mileage accrual. Learn more
- *JMB sector mileage is calculated based on IATA TPM (International Air Transport Association Ticketed Point Mileage).
Revision of mileage will be made in July and January of next year based on the IATA TPM released in spring and autumn previous year.
|Fares||First Class Fares||Business Class Fares||Premium Economy Class Fares||Normal Economy Class Fares||Special Economy Class Fares 1||Special Economy Class Fares 2||Special Economy Class Fares 3|
|Applicable booking classes||A, F||J, D, I, R||W, P||Y||H, K, M||L, V, S, N, G||O, Q|
- *Inclusive Tour Fares are eligible for mileage accrual if booked in any of the applicable booking classes above. Regardless of the fare paid, tickets will be ineligible for mileage accrual if booked in any class that is not noted above.
- *American Airlines, American Eagle, and American Connection flights with AA flight numbers and all codeshare flightscodeshare flightsFlights operated as part of a codeshare agreement where two or more airlines share and offer the same flight. operated with AA flight numbers are eligible for mileage accrual.
- *On/after March 1, 2017, due to the change of booking class on AA, Business class accrual rate will be applied to the First class on AA US domestic flights operated with 2 classes of service (Economy and First class) as the accrual rate is applied based on the booking class of the tickets.
- *For some fares, the accumulation rate may differ from the rates shown above.
Ineligibility for Mileage Accrual
Mileage will not accrue in the following situations:
- When traveling under a different name
- When traveling on award tickets, non-revenue tickets, or special discounted fares such as travel agent fares, tour conductor fares, or infant fare
- When using cargo flights or charter flights.(except JAL International Flights)
- When traveling on tickets or booking classes that are ineligible for mileage accrual based on agreements with partner airlines
- When the flight is not boarded for any reason, including due to flight delay or cancellation
- When the flight has been registered to a frequent flyer program other than JMB
How to Accumulate Flight Mileage
When making a reservation
Flight mileage will automatically be credited to your account when you provide your JMB membership before your flight.
Please request post-flight credit if you did not provide your JMB membership number before your flight. All requests must be made within six months from the flight date.