Changing your booking
For tickets issued in the Japan region between June 11, 2020 and November 30, 2021, reservation changes will be accepted without charging a change fee. Depending on the fare rules that apply after the reservation change, a change fee may apply, or changes may not be permitted.
Some regions outside Japan offer reservation changes at no charge.
Involuntary reservation changeShow
If your travel is disrupted due to a JAL flight cancellation, schedule change, or entry restriction imposed by the authorities as a result of COVID-19, you may postpone your travel or cancel your flight booking for free.
Please check eligibility details below.
Please refer to the instructions below on how to refund your ticket in the event your travel is disrupted due to involuntary reasons, such as a flight delay or cancellation. Please refer to the examples of involuntary reasons and additional details below.
If date change or rebooking is permitted per the fare rules of your ticket, please refer to the following procedures to change your reservation.
Change booking on the JAL website
If your original ticket meets ALL the conditions below, you may change the booking through the "Rebook" button on the "Manage booking" screen of the JAL website.
- Your ticket is an e-ticket purchased on the JAL website (PC or smartphone site).
- Your ticket was paid by credit card.
- The fare rules of your ticket permit reservation change.
- It is not an upgrade booking.
- Your booking does not contain an infant who is not occupying seat.
- Before travel commences, online reservation change is available until 72 hours before the 1st flight.
- After travel commenced, online reservation change is available until 24 hours before the original flight.
- Your booking does not contain Deutsche Bahn Rail Services (9B flight number).
- Your booking does not contain paid seat Services.
Change booking by phone
Please following the following procedures for making changes through JAL call center (International Reservation and Information).
A prescribed fee may be required when making reservation changes.
STEP1Have your ticket at hand
Please have your ticket (e-ticket itinerary/receipt) at hand before you call.
Notes about reservation changeShow
- Depending on the ticket purchased, reservation change may not be possible due to fare rules. Please check this at the time of reservation.
- Reservation change is accepted on the JAL website, JAL call center (International Reservation and Information), and at JAL Group offices that handle international tickets.
A Ticket Service Fee will be charged for procedures done elsewhere than the JAL website.
- Please bring your ticket (e-ticket itinerary/receipt) when visiting a JAL Group office that handles international tickets.