Deutsche Bahn Rail Services (DB) Rail & Fly Service
We are currently suspending Deutsche Bahn (DB) Rail Services for travel on or after April 1, 2022.
The sales is scheduled to resume around December 21, 2021. Please note that the date of resumption shall be postponed.
Passengers on flights JL407/408 who travel onwards using Deutsche Bahn Rail Services (Connections must be in 24hours.)
All JL Published fares from Japan / Germany
- *oneworld fare are not applicable for this service.
- *JAL Group international award tickets, and tickets issued by other carriers are not applicable for this service
Main Deutsche Bahn Rail Services routes (to and from Frankfurt Airport station)
All Deutsche Bahn (DB) sectors to/from Frankfurt Airport Station and Frankfurt Central Station (including Basel Badischer Station and Salzburg Station)
- *Services in the Frankfurt local area (Rhein Main Verkehrsverband area) are not covered by this offer. However, if the German Railway (DB) is not directly entering the airport station, duration between the airport station and central station is covered by this offer.
- *Subway (U-Bahn) and Tram/Strassenbahn) are not covered by this offer.
- *Thalys, DB Autozug, special train (Sonderzügen), and City Night Line are not covered by this offer.
In accordance with the applicable Fare Regulations.
How to use the service
- Please book this service when making your international flight ticket reservation through JAL website, call center (JAL International Reservation and Information), or your travel agent.
This service cannot be requested after your flight ticket has been purchased.
*On JAL website, please go to "Book flights" on the Flights & Services page, select "Railway Germany" as the arrival city, and proceed the reservation.
- Customers travelling on JL407/JL408 with booking class of F/A/J/C/D/X/I/W/R/E/Y/B indicated on the ticket can board 1st class on Deutsche Bahn. 2nd class is applied for customers who reserved other classes.
* In case 1st class seat is not available, 2nd class will be provided instead.
- Reservation cannot be changed online after the ticket purchase. Please contact JAL Reservation Centre (Ticket Service Fee applies).
You may refer to the following details regarding transfers to Deutsche Bahn Rail Services.
In order to view PDF documents, you will need to install Adobe Reader on your computer.
- Online ticket can be issued from 72 hours prior to departure of Deutsche Bahn Rail Services.
- Please access to AccesRail check-in website with your e-ticket number or Reservation number (6-digit) and print out the online rail ticket.
Online eTicket Check-in the AccesRail check-in website
- You will need to show your Online Ticket when boarding.
Please be sure to print it out in advance and bring it with you.
- Printing is not required if you receive the online rail ticket on your smartphone or tablet.
- Changes to a booking may not be permitted after the issue of Online ticket. Train portion is issued as part of flight ticket. It is necessary to be used in order of the ticket. If the customer does not follow the itinerary in order or has a segment that will not be flown listed on the ticket, this could invalidate the ticket, including all remaining segments, and render the ticket unusable in accordance with fare regulations.
- *For new bookings from 1st June 2020, Automated ticket machines will not be available.
Q&A Regarding Deutsche Bahn
Is the time shown on my e-ticket the actual departure (arrival) time of Deutsche Bahn?
The departure (arrival) time is only for reference.
You may take any train if the connecting train to/from JL407/JL408 is within 24 hours of arrival/departure. Please confirm train type and departure time and take extra time.
Can I board Deutsche Bahn without pick up my checked baggage after JL407 arrival?
Your baggage may not be checked through to Deutsche Bahn.
Pick up your baggage upon arrival at Frankfurt Airport and board the train.
Can I reserve a seat?
The ticket is issued not as a reserved-seat ticket but a railway ticket. Please take an available seat after boarding.
If you prefer a reserved seat, purchase a reserved-seat ticket at the Deutsche Bahn counter.
Also, please note that if characters are displayed on the electric board located on the overhead of seat, the seat is already reserved.
Can I board ICE sprinter?
The additional charge to board ICE Sprinter is no longer necessary from December 2015.
You can board with your ticket without any charge.
Can I use the Deutsche Bahn at the same time with JAL AIRPORT EXPRESS Bus Service?
This service is for trains that depart and arrive at either Frankfurt Airport Station or Frankfurt Central Station. Therefore, it is not possible to use the Bus Service from Frankfurt Airport to Dusseldolf and then use Deutsche Bahn from Dusseldolf Station or vice versa.
It can be used when you use the Bus Service from Frankfurt Airport to Dusseldolf for going and Deutsche Bahn from any station within Germany (including Basel Badischer Station and Salzburg Station) to Frankfurt Airport for return.
Is it necessary to change the train in case of connecting from a sector outside Germany?
There is no need to disembark or exit outside the ticket gate at a station on the border when holding in advance a ticket of a rail company of the relevant country from outside Germany to a station on the German-side border.
*Connection to/from Belgium is not applicable after January, 2017.
- *After exchanging for your Deutsche Bahn Rail Services rail tickets, the Deutsche Bahn Rail Services Conditions of Carriage apply.
- *For any inquiry during your stay in Europe, please refer to the contact below.
- JAL Group Offices and Contacts in EUROPE and AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST
Please see Rail&Fly important information or the "Deutsche Bahn Rail Services" page for details.