Effective for requests made on/after 08:00 (Japan time) October 1, 2015, waitlist holding periods will apply if a seat is not available on your preferred flight.
[Before ticketing] Waitlist holding period
Effective for requests made from April 1, 2015, the rules for booking JAL International Award Tickets will be revised as follows. These revisions will apply only to reservations made by phone.
- Japan Airlines (JAL) International Routes
- * When the itinerary includes Japan domestic sectors, JAL/JTA domestic routes are eligible.
JAC, RAC, HAC, and code-share flights operated by other airlines (such as Fuji Dream Airlines or Amakusa Airlines) are not eligible.
- * For Japan domestic sectors included in international awards tickets, Japan domestic "First Class" and "Class J" cannot be used.
- * Sectors where JAL Group airlines do not have
traffic rights are not eligible.
- * To comply with U.S. transportation rules, for itineraries between U.S. and U.S. (including Hawaii and Guam) via Japan (*), at least one international flight is required to be operated by a U.S. carrier.
Contact us for details.
*Including itineraries regarded as "via Japan" by U.S. authorities.
- * Some other sectors may not be eligible. Eligible
sectors/routes are subject to change.
Awards can be used by the JMB member and the following relatives designated by the member : Please click here for details.
Please review the "JAL International Award Ticket Chart".
[Requests made until March 31, 2015]
Even if the award ticket will be used for one-way travel, the round-trip mileage of the flight sector and class reserved will be deducted.
[Requests made from April 1, 2015]
One-way travel will be available at half the mileage required for a round-trip award ticket, provided that the reservation is made by phone.
- * Awards issued for children and infants require the same mileage as those issued for adults.
- * Taxes, charges and various handling fees such as fuel surcharges and security surcharge applicable for JAL international award tickets will be collected from the applicable JMB member or the user of awards. The payments can be made by e JAL points.
Please click here for further details of JAL international flight “Fuel surcharge” and “Security Surcharge”
Please review "Restricted Travel Dates for JAL International Award Tickets".
If travel within Japan is included, "Restricted Travel Dates for JAL Group Domestic Award Tickets"
will also apply. At other times the number of seats available for award travel may be limited, or may not be available.
JAL international award tickets are valid for one year from the date mileage is deducted (the date the award ticket is issued). Expiration date of award tickets indicates the flight date on the last flight coupon of the award tickets.
If you do not board the reserved flight, the award ticket will be invalid, and mileage refund and changes to other awards will not be available.
- As the selected flight may not be displayed on the homepage depending on the itinerary, please contact the JMB Center/JMB Award Ticket Reservation desk of your region for inquiries.
- All flights must be confirmed at the time mileage is redeemed.
- Award tickets are issued for round-trip travel.
The cities of departure and return must be in the same
area or within the same country.
- When two different award levels are involved in one round-trip journey, the higher award level will apply.
- The place or country of original departure
cannot be used as a transfer point to a final
- Japan domestic round-trip journey to and from origin or destination of the international travel originating from Japan is not permitted.
Haneda and Narita airports in Tokyo are considered to be the same city, as are Itami and Kansai airports in Osaka, Chubu and Komaki airports in Nagoya, Incheon and Gimpo airports in Seoul, PuDong and Hongqiao airports in Shanghai or Songshan and Taoyuan airport in Taipei.
- * New York (departure city) and Paris (return city) are not in the same area nor in the same country.
- * Even if Fukuoka is a transit point within 24 hours, domestic round-trip journey to/from origin can not be combined with the international travel originating from Japan.
- When two different award levels are involved in one round-trip journey, the higher award level will apply.
- * 55,000 miles are needed for this itinerary.
Tokyo-London =55,000 (Economy Class)
For each award, a maximum of 3 flight sectors will be allowed each way.
- However, a maximum of 2 Japan domestic flight sectors will be permitted for the total round-trip journey.
- Stopovers (a stay of more than 24 hours) in Japan are limited.
- 1. For journeys originating in Japan, stopovers in Japanese cities on route are not permitted. However, connections (staying less than 24 hours) are allowed.
- 2. When Japan is the destination of a journey originating outside Japan, one stopover in Japan is permitted in addition to the final destination city in Japan.
- 3. For journeys originating outside Japan, but going to another country beyond Japan, a maximum of two stopovers in Japan are permitted for the entire journey.
- When different classes of service are involved in 1 round-trip journey, required mileage will be a sum of half the round-trip required mileage for each class of service.
- * Sum of half the Tokyo-Bangkok round-trip mileage for C-class and Y-class will be required.
- * Los Angeles-Sydney round-trip F-class mileage will be required.
- Back-tracking is not permitted except journey within Japan or journey specified in award. (Back-tracking means reversing your direction of travel to make connections to continue onwards toward your next destination).
- Award tickets cannot be upgraded by paying the difference in fare from the class of service on your award ticket to a higher class of service.
- Award tickets and upgrade awards may not be combined. (This means when you are traveling on an economy class award ticket you can not use an upgrade award to get seated in business class.)
- Award may not be used for Japan Domestic First Class and Class J.
However, if available at the time of departure, you may use First Class or Class J by paying a surcharge.
(Advance reservation for First Class and Class J are not permitted when your base tickets are JMB award tickets.
You cannot board in First Class and Class J by using your mileage at the airport on the day of departure.)
Change to flight number and flight date are permitted.
Change in the flight number is permitted through the JAL website only when all the passengers using the e-ticket change their flights to the same flight before commencement of travel.
Please contact the JMB International Award Reservation Desk if the route is changed to outside of an eligible route for e-ticket or if reservations for certain passengers are changed.
- * Changes will be accepted through the JAL website until 12:00 noon 4 days prior to the flight departure date.
- * Through the JAL website, waitlist is permitted for the flight sector where seats are not available and a change from a confirmed flight sector to another sector where the seats are available is permitted.
- * Changes through the JAL website may not be possible when special arrangements are made at the time of booking.
The planned change to waitlist reservation deadlines that was announced from May 15, 2015 to September 28, 2015 for requests made on/after October 1, 2015 will not take place. There will be no change to waitlist reservation deadlines for requests made on/after October 1, 2015. Waitlisting will be continue to be accepted until the departure of your preferred flight or your existing reserved flight, whichever is earlier.
* When making a waitlist request on the JAL website, the deadline will be 12:00, four days prior to the commencement of travel (first flight sector).
Change to the traveler's name, the flight sector, the class of service, the routing, reversing the direction of travel and exchange of awards are not permitted.
- * Starting from April 1, 2015, JAL International Award Tickets can be changed to the next higher class of service for the same flight sectors without incurring a mileage reinstatement fee. To be eligible, these requests must be made by phone. A Ticketing Service Fee will apply for tickets issued.
Requests will be accepted until 12:00*, 4 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector (not including the day of departure).
* American Region is based on US Pacific Time. Europe, Middle East & Africa Region is based on UK time. Asia & Oceania Region is based on local time. If the above deadlines fall outside the operating hours of the Call Center or JAL Office, the deadline will be the previous business day.
Waitlist reservations will be accepted until 8 days prior to the departure of the first international flight sector (not including the day of departure). Reservations that are not completed and ticketed by 8 days prior to departure of the first international flight sector will be canceled. Waitlisting is not permitted for new reservations made within 8 days of departure of the first international flight sector.
- * "Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards" is applicable in case of cancellation of unused award tickets.
Members are responsible for all the mailing costs of award tickets sent to the JMB Award Reservations desk in your region.
Requests for award ticket must be made through JAL web site or following JMB Award Reservation desk.
Reservation is available from 330 days prior to the departure date of your itinerary's final returning flight sector.
How to Apply
||. . .
||JMB International Award Reservations Desk, Japan
||. . .
JMB International Award Reservations Desk, Japan
0570-025-121 (Toll call)
When you use a international call or from IP-phone, please call 03-6733-3062 (Toll call).
(8:00 - 19:00 / 7days a week)
The content of conversation with the customer may be recorded or monitored to ensure quality service.
*Requests made by phone will incur a Ticketing Service Fee.
* "JAL International Award Tickets Discount Mileage" and "JALCARD International Award Ticket Discount Mileage" award tickets are only eligible through JALWEB site.
Deadlines for Award Reservations (all times are Japan time)
Award reservations will be accepted from 10:00, 330 days prior to flight departure (not including the day of departure).
The deadline for award reservations will be 12:00, 4 days prior to flight departure if the reservation is made through the JAL website, or 12:00 on the day prior to flight departure if the reservation is made by phone.
When reserving an itinerary, reservations are available from 330 days prior to the departure date of your itinerary's final returning flight sector.
||Reservations made on the JAL website
||Reservations made by phone
||12:00 (*1), 4 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector (not including the day of departure)
||12:00 (Japan time), 1 day prior to the departure of the first flight sector
|American Region / Europe, Middle East & Africa Region / Asia & Oceania Region
||12:00 (*2), 2 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector
- *1: Japan Region is based on Japan time. American Region is based on US Pacific Time. Europe, Middle East & Africa Region is based on UK time. Asia & Oceania Region is based on Hong Kong time.
- *2: American Region is based on US Pacific Time. Europe, Middle East & Africa Region is based on UK time. Asia & Oceania Region is based on local time.
If the above deadlines fall outside the operating hours of the Call Center or JAL Office, the deadline will be the previous business day.
- * Waitlist reservations will be accepted until 7 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector (not including the day of departure). Reservations that are not completed and ticketed by 7 days prior to departure will be canceled. Waitlisting is not permitted for new reservations made within 7 days of departure.
Effective for requests made on/after 08:00 (Japan time) October 1, 2015, the following waitlist holding periods will apply if a seat is not available on your preferred flight.
||Waitlist holding period
|90 - 330 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector
||Waitlisted reservations will be held until 82 days prior to the departure of the first international sector
|8 - 89 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector
||Waitlisted reservations will be held until either 7 days after making the reservation, or 8 days prior to the departure of the first international sector, whichever is earlier
Waitlisting is not permitted
|Within 7 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector
||Waitlisting is not permitted
*Waitlisted requests that are not booked and ticketed by the relevant waitlist holding period will be canceled.
Reminders for Award Application
- At the time of making reservations, you must already have in your JMB account the total amount of mileage that is needed for the award, otherwise you cannot make a reservation.
- All flights must be confirmed in order to issue an award. Award tickets for open itineraries cannot be issued. Mileage will be redeemed by the Award Reservations Desk immediately at the time all flights have been confirmed and necessary arrangements on award issuance will be started.
- * Waitlists are not permitted for Japan domestic sectors included in JAL international award tickets. Waitlist application may be closed in certain international flights. Priority waitlisting for JMB Award reservations will apply to JMB FLY ON status members and JAL Global Club members.
- As the following passengers may need special arrangements, please contact the JMB Center/ JMB Award Reservation Desk of your region after completing the reservation bookings. Seat selection is also handled by the aforementioned JMB Center/ JMB Award Reservation Desk of your region.
- When the expected date of delivery is within four weeks (28 days)
- There is some doubt concerning the expected date of delivery
- In the case of a multiple pregnancy
- If there is a history of early delivery
Notes on redeeming for awards when applying for the JALCARD Family Program
If you register for the JALCARD Family Program, you can combine miles accumulated by individual family members when applying for awards. Main members or sub members who are 18 years old or above will be able to request awards by combining miles. Sub members under 18 years old cannot combine miles to request awards. For further details, please check "Notes on redeeming for awards" when applying for the JALCARD Family Program.
For the security of our JMB members, all items sent from JMB can ONLY be mailed to your current address in Japan on record.
Please notify JMB promptly of any change of address. However, when you apply for the routes eligible for e-tickets through the JAL website, please print out a “e-ticket passenger receipt” through the JAL website or receive a “e-ticket passenger receipt” via FAX number registered as member information (within Japan).
When picking up your award in person at JAL Group city international ticket office in Japan :
- You can pick up your award from the next day to 7 days from the day that all flights must be confirmed and mileage redemption processing must be completed .
- If the JMB member is to pick up the award, the member's JMB card, JALCARD, or other proof of identification must be presented.
- If a person other than the member is to pick up the award, proof of identification must be presented
along with a letter of proxy signed by the JMB member specifying the name of the person who is to pick up the award and the name of the person who will use the award.
- Any applicable taxes or charges must be paid by a credit card that accepted by JMB.
After application for the award has been completed*1 the mileage used for the award can only be reinstated for totally unused award by paying the applicable fee. All reinstated mileage must be returned to the JMB account from which it was redeemed.
Please click here for details.
To Page top