JAL International Award Tickets
- Starting from 17:00(Japan Time) on April 20, 2016, reservations for One-Way JAL International Award Tickets are accepted on the JAL website.
- Effective for requests made on/after November 1, 2016, the terms and conditions for using JAL International Award Tickets will be revised as follows.
<Round-trip itineraries> More information can be found here
- One Japan domestic flight sector will be permitted for each way of a round-trip itinerary.
- If the cities of departure and return are in different cities, both cities must be in the same area and within the same country.
Additionally, the arrival city of the outbound journey and the departure city of the return journey may be in different cities, but must be in the same area and within the same country.
- Stopovers en route in Japan are not permitted.
- Revisions will be made to how surface sectors are handled.
<Round-trip itineraries and one-way itineraries>Waitlisting will be permitted for one flight sector each way. However, if you already have a confirmed reservation for a flight sector, waitlisting will not be permitted for that confirmed flight sector.
JMB News & Special Offers
What are JAL International Award Tickets?
JAL International Award Tickets allow you to redeem your miles for travel on JAL international flights. Awards can be redeemed starting at 15,000 miles for travel at standard award levels and 12,000 miles for travel during the discount mileage period. For one-way travel, award tickets are available from 7,500 miles.
International routes on the following JAL Group airlines are eligible for award tickets.
- Japan Airlines (JAL)
- *When the itinerary includes Japan domestic sectors, Japan Airlines (JAL)/Transocean Air (JTA)/Hokkaido Air System (HAC) domestic routes are eligible for award tickets.
Japan Air Commuter (JAC), Ryukyu Air Commuter (RAC), and code-share flights operated by other airlines (such as Fuji Dream Airlines or Amakusa Airlines) are not eligible.
- *For Japan domestic sectors included in international awards tickets, Japan domestic First Class and Class J are not available.
- *JAL International Award Tickets are not available on codeshare flights operated by other airlines.
- *Sectors where JAL Group airlines do not have traffic rights are not eligible.
- *To comply with U.S. transportation rules, itineraries* between two cities in the U.S. (including Hawaii and Guam) via Japan must include at least one international flight that is operated by a U.S. carrier.
For more information, please contact the JMB Center/ JMB Award Reservations Desk of your membership region.
- *Including itineraries regarded as "via Japan" by U.S. authorities.
- *Some flights may be canceled or operate only on certain days or during certain seasons.
- *Other sectors may not be eligible. Non eligible flights and routes are subject to change without prior notice.