JAL International Award Tickets
- Starting from 17:00(Japan Time) on April 20, 2016, reservations for One-Way JAL International Award Tickets are accepted on the JAL website.
- Effective for requests made on/after November 1, 2016, the terms and conditions for using JAL International Award Tickets will be revised as follows.
Round-trip itineraries More information can be found here
- One Japan domestic flight sector will be permitted for each way of a round-trip itinerary.
- If the cities of departure and return are in different cities, both cities must be in the same area and within the same country.
Additionally, the arrival city of the outbound journey and the departure city of the return journey may be in different cities, but must be in the same area and within the same country.
- Stopovers en route in Japan are not permitted.
- Revisions will be made to how surface sectors are handled.
Round-trip itineraries and one-way itinerariesWaitlisting will be permitted for one flight sector each way. However, if you already have a confirmed reservation for a flight sector, waitlisting will not be permitted for that confirmed flight sector.
JMB News & Special Offers
Changes To Awards after Mileage Redemption (Ticket Issuance)
Changes to award tickets after mileage redemption are permitted as follows.
- Changes to the flight number and flight date are permitted. (only when a seat is available on the new flight)
- *Changes to the flight number and flight date are permitted if the reservation for the new flight is confirmed with the JMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center before boarding. Please note that airport offices are unable to handle these changes, with the exception of the service that allows you to change your JAL international award ticket to a higher class of service at the airport on the same day as your flight.
- *When you make changes to the flight number or flight date, you may be requested to pay the differential between the previous and the new fuel surcharges and insurance surcharges.
- *Changes made by phone that require the award ticket to be re-issued due to changes in applicable taxes or charges will be subject to a Ticketing Service Fee per ticket.
- The following changes are not accepted on the JAL website. Please contact theJMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center for assistance.
- *When you wish to change your reservation to a seat that is available in a lower class of service than booked. (the difference in miles between the higher and lower class will not be refunded)
- *When a flight sector was ticketed at a mileage level required for a higher class of service than booked and you wish to change to a seat that is available in the ticketed higher class of service.
Changes to the traveler's name, the flight sector, the class of service, the routing, reversing the direction of travel and exchanges for other awards are not permitted.
- *JAL International Award Tickets can be changed to the next higher class of service for the same flight sectors without incurring a mileage reinstatement fee. To be eligible, these requests must be made by phone. A Ticketing Service Fee will apply for tickets issued.
Requests will be accepted until 12:00*, 4 days prior to the departure of the first flight sector (not including the day of departure).
- *American Region is based on US Pacific time. Europe, Middle East & Africa Region is based on UK time. Asia & Oceania Region is based on local time. If the above deadlines fall outside the operating hours of the Call Center or JAL Office, the deadline will be the previous business day.
Waitlist reservations will be accepted until 8 days prior to the departure of the first international flight sector (not including the day of departure). Reservations that are not completed and ticketed by 8 days prior to departure of the first international flight sector will be canceled. Waitlisting is not permitted for new reservations made within 8 days of departure of the first international flight sector.
- *The Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards is available for canceling and refunding completely unused awards.
- *JMB members are responsible for all the mailing costs of award tickets sent to the JMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center of your membership region.
- *JAL International Award Tickets cannot be changed to waitlisted reservations or to open tickets. A ticket can only be changed to a flight that has available award seats.
- *Effective for requests made on/after November 1, 2016, waitlisting will not be permitted. Additionally, if a reservation for a flight sector is confirmed, additional waitlisted reservations will not be permitted for that confirmed flight sector.
Award tickets cannot be upgraded by paying the difference in fare from the class of service on your award ticket. Award tickets cannot be combined with upgrade awards to get seated in the next higher class of service.
- *Awards that include Japan domestic sectors may not be used for Japan domestic First Class or Class J. However, if available at the time of departure, you may use First Class or Class J by paying a surcharge. (Advance reservation for First Class and Class J are not permitted when traveling on JMB award tickets. You cannot board in First Class or Class J by using your mileage at the airport on the day of departure.)
Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards
After an award has been booked, the mileage used for the award can only be reinstated for totally unused awards by paying the refund charge. All reinstated mileage must be returned to the JMB account from which it was redeemed. More information can be found here.