JAL International Award Tickets
More convenience and accessibility. Redesigned JAL International Award Tickets.
Ticket Service Fee amount for International Award Tickets will be changed on/after December 19, 2018.
JMB News & Special Offers
Changes To Awards after Mileage Redemption (Ticket Issuance)
After mileage redemption, changes of flight number and flight date are permitted subject to the following conditions.
|Before the commencement of travel||After travel has commenced|
|Deadline for reservation changes on the JAL website||48 hours (departure city time) prior to the departure of the first flight sector of the old or new itinerary, whichever is earlier.||(1) 48 hours (departure city time) prior to flight departure of the new itinerary, and (2) 24 hours (departure city time) prior to the departure of the next flight.|
|Deadline for reservation changes by phone||Until flight departure (of the old or new itinerary, whichever is earlier)||Until flight departure (of the old or new itinerary, whichever is earlier)|
|Ticket change conditions||Changes are permitted if the new itinerary is within 1 year from the date the award ticket is issued.||Changes are permitted if the new itinerary is within 1 year from the date of commencement of travel.|
- *Changes to the flight number and flight date are permitted if the reservation for the new flight is confirmed with the JMB International Award Reservations Desk/JMB Center before boarding. Please note that airport offices are unable to handle these changes, with the exception of the service that allows you to change your JAL international award ticket to a higher class of service at the airport on the same day as your flight.
- *You may be requested to pay for any difference that arises in fuel surcharges, insurance surcharges, or other applicable charges.
- *Changes made by phone will be subject to a Ticket Service Fee per ticket.
- *Requests to change a reservation from the booked class to a lower or higher class of service (only permitted when the ticket is issued with the miles for the higher class of service) will be accepted by phone until 24 hours (departure city time) prior to flight departure (of the old or new itinerary, whichever is earlier).
However, changes to the class of service may be permitted on the JAL website for some flight sectors when traveling on itineraries via Japan that originate and terminate outside Japan.
Changes to the traveler's name, the flight sector, the class of service, the routing, reversing the direction of travel and exchanges for other awards are not permitted. Additionally, award tickets cannot be changed to waitlisted reservations or to open tickets. An award ticket can only be changed to a flight that has available award seats.
- *JAL International Award Tickets can be changed to the next higher class of service for the same flight sectors without incurring a mileage reinstatement fee. To be eligible, these requests must be made by phone.
A Ticket Service Fee will apply for tickets issued.
Requests will be accepted until 24 hours prior to the departure of the first flight sector (departure city time).
Award tickets cannot be upgraded by paying the difference in fare from the class of service on your award ticket. Award tickets cannot be combined with upgrade awards to get seated in the next higher class of service.
- *Awards that include Japan domestic sectors may not be used for Japan domestic First Class or Class J. However, if available at the time of departure, you may use First Class or Class J by paying a surcharge. (Advance reservation for First Class and Class J are not permitted when traveling on JMB award tickets. You cannot board in First Class or Class J by using your mileage at the airport on the day of departure.)
Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards
After an award has been booked, the mileage used for the award can only be reinstated for totally unused awards by paying the refund charge. All reinstated mileage must be returned to the JMB account from which it was redeemed. More information can be found here.