CONDITION OF CARRIAGE (INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE)
Effective 23 August, 2011
16. ADMINISTRATIVE FORMALITIES
(A) Compliance with Applicable Laws
- A Passenger shall comply with and observe all Applicable Laws of countries concerned such as countries to be flown from, into or over, JAL's Regulations and instructions to be given by JAL. JAL shall be liable neither for any aid, assistance, guidance or otherwise given by a representative, officer, employee or agent of JAL to the Passenger, whether given orally, in writing or otherwise, in connection with his/her obtaining exit, entry and other necessary documents or complying with or observing such Applicable Laws nor for the Passenger's failure to obtain such documents or to comply with or observe such Applicable Laws as a result of such aid, assistance, guidance or otherwise.
(B) Passports and Visas
- (a)A Passenger shall present to JAL all exit, entry or other necessary documents required by Applicable Laws of country concerned such as countries to be flown from, into or over, and shall permit JAL, if JAL at its reasonable discretion deems it necessary, to make and retain copies thereof; provided that, even if a Passenger presents exit, entry or other necessary documents to JAL and JAL carry the Passenger, JAL shall not be deemed to guarantee that such documents comply with Applicable Laws.
- JAL reserves the right to refuse Carriage of any Passenger who does not comply in any respect with any of such Applicable Laws or whose exit, entry or other necessary documents are not complete in any respect.
- JAL shall not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred by a Passenger, and the Passenger shall indemnify JAL for any loss or damage incurred by JAL, in connection with the Passenger's failure to comply with this Article.
- A Passenger shall pay the applicable fares, charges and expenses whenever JAL is required by any Applicable Laws to return the Passenger to his/her place of departure or elsewhere because the Passenger is not permitted to enter a country of transit or Destination. JAL may apply to the payment of such fares, charges and expenses any fares and/or charges paid by the Passenger to JAL for unused portion of the Ticket or any funds of the Passenger in the possession of JAL. JAL will not refund the fare collected for Carriage to the point of such refusal of entry or deportation.
(C) Customs Inspection
- Whenever required, a Passenger's Baggage shall, whether checked or unchecked, be subject to any inspection to be conducted by customs or other government officials. JAL shall not be responsible in any respect to a Passenger for his/her failure to comply with this paragraph. A Passenger shall indemnify JAL for any loss or damage incurred by JAL in connection with the Passenger's failure to comply with this paragraph.
(D) Government Regulations
- JAL shall not be responsible to a Passenger in any respect for its refusal of Carriage of the Passenger if JAL at its reasonable discretion determines, or any Applicable Laws require, such refusal.
(E) Security Inspection
- A Passenger shall submit to any security check required by government or airport officials or by JAL.
17. SUCCESSIVE CARRIERS
- Carriage to be performed under a Ticket or under a Ticket and any Conjunction Ticket by two or more successive Carriers shall be regarded as a single operation.
- Even if JAL is a Carrier issuing a Ticket or is designated as a Carrier for the first sector in a Ticket or in any Conjunction Ticket involving Carriage by successive Carriers, JAL shall not be responsible for any portion operated by other Carriers, unless otherwise provided in these Conditions of Carriage.
- Each Carrier's liability to compensate for damage arising in connection with a Passenger's travel shall be governed by such Carrier's Conditions of Carriage.