This page explains how to check in and board JAL international flights.
How to use Web Check-in (International QuiC).
How to use automatic check-in machines.
What you should know before flying
- The information of C.I.Q. and for flight safetyInformation about country-specific special provisions concerning customs, immigration, quarantine, and security checks.
- Request for on-time departureCheck-in should be done 60 minutes * before departure.
* 45minutes for First Class and Business Class
(60 minutes for ALL passengers in Beijing, Paris and Delhi)
- Important information for your travel day
(international flight)long holiday new year's holiday season, longer waiting time at the check-in counters and security checkpoints is expected. Please arrive at the airport earlier.
- Boarding sequence
To passengers traveling on codeshare flightsShow
The airport and inflight services for a codeshare flight will be provided by the operating carrier. Check-in procedures and inflight services are subject to the operating carrier. For more information, please contact us or your travel agent.
If you are traveling on JAL's codeshare flight operated by American Airlines or WestJet, services are subject to their conditions of carriage.
How to board your connecting flightShow
Through Check-in Service
Notice As the international transfer counter is very busy in the early morning hours at Sapporo (New Chitose), Osaka (Itami), and Fukuoka airports, please arrive early. Connecting from JAL domestic to international flight via Tokyo (Narita), Tokyo (Haneda), Osaka (Kansai), or Nagoya (Chubu) airports
Please check in (including baggage) for the connecting flight at the departure airport. *1
Please pick up the baggage at the final destination. *2
Connecting from JAL domestic flight to international flight operated by other oneworld member airline via Tokyo (Narita), Tokyo (Haneda), Osaka (Kansai), or Nagoya (Chubu) airports
- *1This applies only if you have a connecting flight at the same airport on the same day. A boarding pass may not be issued for your connecting flight due to problems such as computer malfunction.
- *2If you are connecting via the U.S., please pick up your baggage when entering the U.S. and check it in again for the connecting flight. Furthermore, if you have multiple connecting flights abroad, you may not be able to check your baggage to your final destination due to restrictions imposed by connecting airports.
Please refer the each airports page for transit information
oneworld member airlines American Airlines (AA) / airberlin (AB) / Finnair (AY) / British Airways (BA) / Cathay Pacific (CX) / Iberia (IB) / LATAM (LA,JJ) / Malaysian Airlines (MH) / Qantas (QF) / Qatar Airways (QR) / Royal Jordanian (RJ) / S7 Airlines (S7) / SriLankan Airlines (UL)
Time you need for flight transferShow
If you have connecting flights (including flights by other airlines), please show the entire ticket(s) including your final destination. You need to secure the following connecting time for flight transfer.
Required time for flight transfer
Airlines Connecting airport Time you need for flight transfer JAL Group domestic flight → JAL international flight Tokyo (Haneda) 60 minutes or more Tokyo (Narita) Osaka (Kansai) Nagoya (Chubu) Tokyo (Haneda)
to Tokyo (Narita)
180 minutes or more Osaka (Itami)
to Osaka (Kansai)
215 minutes or more JAL Group domestic flight → Other airline's international flight Tokyo (Haneda) 120 minutes or more Tokyo (Narita) 110 minutes or more Osaka (Kansai) 80 minutes or more Nagoya (Chubu) 70 minutes or more Tokyo (Haneda)
to Tokyo (Narita)
210 minutes or more
● For other airports, please ask when you make your reservation.