CONDITION OF CARRIAGE (INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE)
Effective 30 May, 2017
12. SCHEDULES, DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS OF FLIGHTS
- (A) Schedules
- JAL undertakes to use its best efforts to carry a Passenger and his/her Baggage with reasonable dispatch and to adhere to published schedules in effect on the date of travel; provided that times shown in a timetable or elsewhere shall be just scheduled but not guaranteed and shall form no part of the contract of Carriage. JAL may change any schedule of a flight without any prior notice and shall not be responsible for any trouble in respect of connection of a Passenger and/or his/her Baggage with any other flight because of such change.
- (B) Cancellations
- JAL may, without prior notice, substitute any other Carrier or change an aircraft with respect to Carriage assumed by JAL.
- JAL may, without prior notice, cancel, terminate, divert, postpone or delay any flight or the right to, or any reservation with respect to, any further Carriage thereafter or determine if any take-off or landing should be made, without any liability except to refund, in accordance with these Conditions of Carriage and JAL's Regulations, the fares and charges for any unused portion of the Ticket:
- because of any fact beyond JAL's control (including, but not limited to, Force Majeure such as meteorological conditions, acts of God, strikes, riots, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, disturbances or unstable international relations) whether actual, threatened or reported or because of any delay, demand, condition, circumstances or requirement directly or indirectly relating to such fact;
- because of any fact not to be foreseen, anticipated or predicted;
- because of any Applicable Laws; or
- because of shortage of labour, fuel or facilities or labour problems of JAL or others.
- If a Passenger refuses, notwithstanding JAL's request, to pay all or a portion of the fares demanded by JAL or the charges demanded or assessed by JAL with respect to his/her Baggage, JAL will cancel the Carriage, or the right to any further Carriage thereafter, of the Passenger and/or his/her Baggage, without being subject to any liability therefor except to refund, in accordance with these Conditions of Carriage and JAL's Regulations, any unused portion of the Ticket for which the Passenger fully paid the applicable fares and charges.