CONDITION OF CARRIAGE (INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE)
Effective 1 April, 2015
11. BAGGAGE (D)-(G)
(D) Unchecked Baggage
- Except articles specifically permitted by JAL to be carried into the cabin, Baggage which a Passenger may carry into the cabin shall be, besides one pack of a Passenger's personal belongings, as permitted by JAL's Regulations, which the Passenger carries and retains, one piece of article provided in JAL's Regulations which can be stowed in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin or under the seat in front of the Passenger, the sum of the three dimensions of which shall not exceed 115 centimeters (45 inches); provided that the total weight of such articles shall not exceed 10 kilograms(22 pounds). A Passenger shall not carry into the cabin any Baggage which JAL deems cannot be stowed in safety in the cabin.
- JAL will permit a Passenger to carry into the cabin articles not suitable for Carriage in a cargo compartment (such as fragile musical instruments) only if a prior due notice of such article is given to, and a prior permission to such Carriage is granted by, JAL. Carriage of such Baggage shall be subject to a charge provided in JAL's Regulations.
(E) Free Baggage Allowance
- The free Baggage allowance for each Passenger shall be as follows:
- a Passenger paying a first or intermediate class fare shall receive a free Checked Baggage allowance of three pieces of Baggage the weight of each piece of which shall not exceed 32 kilograms (70 pounds); provided that the sum of the three dimensions of each piece shall not exceed 203 centimeters (80 inches);
- a Passenger paying an economy class fare shall receive a free Checked Baggage allowance of two pieces of Baggage the weight of each piece of which shall not exceed 23 kilograms (50 pounds); provided that the sum of the three dimensions of each piece shall not exceed 203 centimeters (80 inches);
- in addition to the preceding (a) and (b), a Passenger shall, unless otherwise provided in JAL's Regulations , receive a free Baggage allowance of Unchecked Baggage as described in sub-paragraph(1) of paragraph(D) of this Article ; and
- notwithstanding the preceding (a),(b) and (c), an Infant paying an Infant fare shall receive one free Baggage allowance with the same size and weight of that of accompanying adult passenger.
- Fully collapsible stroller/pushchair, Infant's carrying basket, Infant's car seat for infants or children passenger's own use will not be counted towards the free baggage allowance and will be free of charge.
- The free Baggage allowance for each portion of a trip will be that applicable to the class of services for which the fare is paid.
- In the event that two or more Passengers travelling on the same flight check their Baggage at the same time to be carried by JAL to the same place, JAL may, upon those Passenger's request, provide them collectively with a free Baggage allowance equal to the aggregated individual free Baggage allowance in respect of number of pieces.
(F) Special Free Baggage Allowance
- In addition to the free Baggage allowance provided in the preceding paragraph (E) above, JAL will carry as Baggage, without additional charge, a Passenger's personal belongings. permitted by JAL's Regulations only when the Passenger carries and retains them.
(G) Excess Baggage
- Baggage in excess of the free Baggage allowance set forth in sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph (E) of this Article shall be subject to the applicable excess Baggage charge provided in JAL's Regulations.
- Unless JAL otherwise agrees in advance with a Passenger, JAL may carry the Passenger's Baggage which is in excess of the applicable free Baggage allowance on any other flight or by any other transportation service.