JAL Bid Upgrade
This service allows you to make a bid and, if successful, upgradeto higher class from Premium Economy Class or Economy Class.
Passengers who have purchased a JAL international ticket (whose number starts with '131' ) and have an eligible reservation for bidding.
- The number of seats that can be upgraded is limited. The service may not be provided regardless of the number of seats available in the upgrade class.
Boarding class after upgrade
Passengers who have reserved and purchased Economy Class ticket:
- Premium Ecnomy Class
- Business Class
- You can choose either one of the two classes in case the aircraft is equipped with a Premium Economy cabin.
Passengers who have reserved and purchased Premium Economy Class ticket:
- Business Class
JAL operated international routes (excluding codeshares flights operated by partner airlines)
Credit Card (VISA/MASTER/AMEX/DINERS/JCB)
- JAL will provide personal information, which includes information you provide at the time of booking, credit card information and information about your Internet usage environment, to your card issuer, so that it can use it to detect and prevent unauthorized use of your card.
- If you use a card from a foreign card issuer, this information may be passed to the country of the card issuer in question.
- If you are a minor, you must have the consent of a parent or legal guardian in order to use the service.
Steps to apply
1. Apply from the JAL website
Please check the reservation record of the purchased ticket from the "Reservation Confirmation" below.
If you have booked an eligible flight that you can bid on, the "Bid Upgrade" button will be displayed. Please apply from "Bid Upgrade".
- Transition to an external site.
2. Apply from email
Passengers who purchased tickets on the JAL website may be notified by email, so you can also apply by email.
Apply for bidding
- You can find the eligible flights of your itinerary on web page for bid.
- If both Premium Economy Class and Business Class are displayed on the bidding page, please select either one.
- Upgrade Bid application will be accepted up to 48 hours before departure.
- If you wish to bid, please enter the bid amount and credit card information to the dedicated form.
- We will charge your credit card only when the upgrade is confirmed.
Information on upgrade results
- If successful, you will be advised by email at least 24 hours before departure.
- Upgrades will be finalized in descending order of bid. If multiple customers bid at the same price, the upgrade will be finalized based on the priority order of the purchased ticket reservation class, JMB status, and bid execution date and time.
- Depending on the reservation status of the applicable flight at the time of bidding deadline, there may be occasions when no upgrades are offered.
- E-mail regards to this service will be sent from "JALBidUpgrade@bid.jal.com", so please make the necessary settings for receiving emails from the domain in advance.
If you did not make a successful bid
- We will contact you by email at least 24 hours before departure.
- The bid amount will not be charged. Please board in the purchased ticket class.
- We ask your understanding that upgrade applications by phone or inquiries regarding upgrade result are not accepted.
For passengers who have already purchased optional services
If your bid is successful, the higher class of service will be available to the successful bidder.
Please contact JAL Call Center for refunds of various paid optional services.
- Refund application period: Within 1 year and 30 days from the date of purchase