INFORMATION REGARDING [FUEL SURCHARGE] AND
[INSURANCE SURCHARGE] FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
Updated on December 17, 2019
JAL applies fuel surcharge and insurance surcharge on all international passenger tickets. The surcharge applies to JL coded flights including JAL flights operated by other airlines.
Details of the Fuel Surcharge and Insurance Surcharge are as follows:
We originally introduced Fuel surcharge in response to unprecedented rises. We highly appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Fuel surcharge will be reviewed and revised bimonthly.Please click here for further details of the revision.
Tickets issued on/after December 1, 2019 until March 31, 2020
Per person for each segment from/to Japan
|Route||For travel originating in Japan|
|Japan - Korea, Far East Russia||500 Yen|
|Japan - East Asia (excluding Korea)||2,500 Yen|
|Japan - Guam, Philippines, Palau, Vietnam, Russia*1||3,000 Yen|
|Japan - Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Russia*2||4,500 Yen|
|Japan - Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Hawaii||6,000 Yen|
|Japan - North America, Europe*3, Middle East, Oceania||10,500 Yen|
- *3For the JL codeshare flights within Europe operated by British Airways (BA) /Finnair (AY) /Iberia (IB) , the following amounts will be applied per sector.
Country of departure for travel Business Class Economy Class Japan USD 40 USD 32
- In addition to the applicable air fares and charges, the fuel surcharge in effect on the day of ticketing shall be applied.
- The amounts for the fuel surcharge are the same for adults, children and infants occupying seats. Infants without seats are exempt from the fuel surcharge.
The fuel surcharge shall apply to JAL Mileage Bank award tickets.
- When a ticket is presented for refund, the full amount of the fuel surcharge shall be returned.
- The fuel surcharge may change without advance notice according to approvals from relevant governments.
- The handling procedures for an adjustment of the fuel surcharge occurring after a ticket is issued up to the date of departure are as follows.
- When a ticket is not changed*,
no differential adjustment of the fuel surcharge will be made.
- When an unused ticket is changed*,
the difference between the previous fuel surcharge and the newly revised fuel surcharge applicable to the ticket issuance date will be adjusted. (the whole itinerary will be reassessed)
- When an ticket is changed after departure,
no differential adjustments of the fuel surcharge will be made.
- When a ticket is not changed*,
- * Change means changes in itinerary, departure date with the same flight number, flight number with the same itinerary and rebooking of the new flights on the open dated award tickets previously cancelled.
- Departure date change from March 1 to March 20 for JL717 Tokyo-Bangkok
- Flight number change from JL717 to JL707 Tokyo-Bangkok on the same day
- Making reservation of JL717 on March 1 Tokyo-Bangkok for open dated ticket
To cover the cost of the extra safety and security measures, an insurance surcharge is added to the price of tickets. We highly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
|Sales country||Amount per person for each segment|
|Outside of Japan||USD 3.20|
- *Except flights to/from Canada/Hong Kong, and travel originating in Brazil
- In addition to the applicable air fares and charges, the insurance surcharge in effect on the day of ticketing shall be applied.
- The amounts for the insurance surcharge are the same for adults, children and infants.
The insurance surcharge shall apply to JAL Mileage Bank award tickets.
- When a ticket is presented for refund, the full amount of the insurance surcharge shall be returned.
- The insurance surcharge may change without advance notice.
Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.