Effective for requests made from April 1, 2015, the rules for booking JAL International Award Tickets will be revised as follows. These revisions will apply only to reservations made by phone.
- One of the following partner airlines is eligible for one award travel.
airberlin(AB) / NIKI Airlines(HG), American Airlines(AA) / US Airways(US), British Airways(BA), Cathay Pacific Airways(CX) / Dragonair(KA) , Finnair(AY), Iberia(IB), LAN (LAN Airlines, LAN Peru, LAN Ecuador and LAN Argentina)(LA/LP/XL/4M), Malaysia Airlines(MH), Qantas(QF), Qatar Airways (QR), Royal Jordanian(RJ), S7 Airlines(S7),SriLankan Airlines(UL), TAM Airlines(JJ), Air France(AF), Emirates(EK) and China Eastern Airlines(MU), Bangkok Airways(PG)
*Hokkaido Air System (HAC) is excluded. If using HAC Domestic Award Tickets, please click here.
||"AB/HG" designated flights operated by "airberlin(AB)" and "NIKI Airlines(HG)"
||"AA" designated flights operated by "American Airlines(AA)", "AmericanEagle" and "AmericanConnection"
||"US" designated flights operated by "US Airways(US)" and "US Airways Express"
||"BA" designated flights operated by "British Airways(BA)", BA Franchises<Sun-Air of Scandinavia A/S(EZ), Comair Pty Ltd. (MN)> and Subsidiary <BA CityFlyer(CJ), OpenSkies(EC)>
|Cathay Pacific Airways / Dragonair
||"CX/KA" designated flights operated by "Cathay Pacific Airways(CX)" and "Dragonair(KA)"
||"AY" designated flights operated by "Finnair(AY)" and " Flybe(BE)"
||"IB" designated flights operated by "Iberia(IB)", "Iberia Express(I2)" and "Air Nostrum(YW)"
* IB air shuttle service between Madrid and Barcelona is not eligible.
||"LA/LP/XL/4M" designated flights operated by "LAN Airlines(LA)", "LAN Peru(LP)", "LAN Ecuador(XL)", "LAN Argentina(4M)", "LAN Express" and "LAN Columbia(LA)"
"MH" designated flights operated by "Malaysia Airlines(MH)"
* MH3000-MH3999, MH7000-MH8999 and flight operated by Firefly(FY) are not eligible.
||"QF" designated flights operated by "Qantas(QF)", "QantasLink", "Eastern Australia Airlines", "Sunstate Airlines" and "Jetconnect"
* "QF" designated flight operated by "Jetstar(JQ)" is not eligible.
||"QR" designated flights operated by "Qatar Airways (QR)"
||"RJ" designated flights operated by "Royal Jordanian(RJ)"
* All flights to/from Iraq are not eligible.
||"S7" designated flights operated by "S7 Airlines(S7)" and "Globus Airlines(GH)"
||"UL" designated flights operated by "SriLankan Airlines(UL)"
||"JJ" designated flights operated by "TAM Airlines(JJ)"
||"AF" designated flights operated by "Air France(AF)"
* "AF" designated flights operated by "Japan Airlines(JL)" is also eligible until March 28, 2015.
* TGV and Thalys (non-flight routes) are not eligible.
||"EK" designated flights operated by "Emirates(EK)"
|China Eastern Airlines
||"MU" designated flights operated by "China Eastern Airlines(MU)"
||"PG" designated flights operated by "Bangkok Airways(PG)"
- * Charter or cargo flights are not eligible.
- * Code-share flights are not eligible in general condition.
- * Non eligible flights and routes are subject to change without prior notice.
The required mileage is determined based on the distance of total award itinerary (total of sector mileage for each sector and surface sector).
Awards issued for children and infants require the same mileage as those issued for adults.
The total required mileage may vary according to the combination of airline and type of award. Applicable combination of award is subject to the award seat availability of each airline or flight at the time of making award booking, therefore, the combination of award with lowest required mileage may not be guaranteed.
* The combination of award with lower required mileage may be available later along with the change of inventory conditions.
However, the request of the redeemed awards to change into other awards will be treated as new award redemption, and "Mileage Reinstatement Service" with applicable charges will apply.
There are restricted travel dates as follows:
|From Jordan to US
||7/15 - 9/15
||From US to Jordan
||5/15 - 7/15
|From Jordan to UK
||7/15 - 9/15
||From UK to Jordan
||6/01 - 8/01
<Other partner airlines>
There are no restricted travel dates.
At other times the number of seats available for award travel may be limited, or may not be available.
* "Restricted Travel Dates For Awards" is subject to change without prior notice. Please confirm the details at the time of award request.
Award booking of American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways / Dragonair, Qantas and Air France is available through JAL website.
Please call JMB Award Reservations Desk of you membership registration to request award booking of the other partner airlines.
- * Some restrictions apply.
- * For a trip staying in one destination city or a trip with stopover and/or surface sector, application through JAL website is available.
||JMB Award Reservations Desk of you membership registration
Please provide your JMB membership number when making requests through the telephone.
Japan Region Member
For members in regions other than Japan
- Award booking will be accepted from 10:00 (Japan time) of 330 days prior to the date of flight departure through 12:00 noon 4 days prior to the departure date.
Effective April 1, 2015, longer deadlines will be introduced for reservations made by phone.
Depending on partner airlines, award bookings may be accepted within 330 days prior to the date of departure.
- Awards for partner airlines must be requested after bookings for all flights in the itinerary are accepted.
- For Finnair award tickets have to be issued within 72 hours after award bookings/applications are made. If this is not possible, for any reason, award application will not be accepted.
- For LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, TAM Airlines, Air France and China Eastern Airlines, award tickets must be issued within certain ticketing deadline specified by LA, MH, QR, JJ, AF and MU.
When award bookings/applications are made and ticketing cannot be completed for any reason, such award application will not be accepted.
- Procedure are same as for "JAL International Award Tickets".
- All flights must be confirmed in order to issue an award. Award tickets for open itineraries cannot be issued.
- Waitlists and advance seat selections are not permitted.
- Please note JMB partner airlines rule for unaccompanied minor(s) under 15 years of age.
- On some partner airlines' flights, in-flight services (meal/drink/blanket etc.) are for purchase only.
JMB Award Reservation Desk is not responsible for arrangement of such products and services offered by other partner airlines.
- One-way trips are permitted.
- "Point of origin" and "Final returning point" may be different and those cities may be located in different countries.
* Please note that one-way itineraries and itineraries in which the "Point of origin" and "Final returning point" are located in different countries cannot be booked from the JAL website. For such bookings, please contact the appropriate call center.
- Itinerary via "Point of origin" is not permitted.
- Itinerary via "Country of origin" is not permitted.
- Flight sectors where airlines do not have traffic rights are not eligible.
- To comply with U.S. transportation rules, for itineraries between continental U.S./Hawaii and Guam via Japan, and itineraries between continental U.S. and Hawaii via Japan without a stopover in Japan, at least one international flight operated by a U.S.-based airline (*) is required.
(*)excluding Japan Airlines codeshare flight operated by a U.S.-based airline.
- Due to the transportation restriction rules of U.S., itineraries between "two different Canadian cities" via a U.S. city (stay for less than 12 hours) and/or itineraries between "two different Mexican cities" via a U.S. city (stay for less than 12 hours) are not permitted.
Class of service
All travel should be in the same class of service. When different classes of service are involved in a journey, the required mileage for the higher class will apply.
Flight sectors / Limit of stopover
- For each award, a maximum of 6 flight sectors excluding surface sector will be permitted in the whole itinerary.
For China Eastern Airlines, a maximum of 4 flight sectors will be permitted. China (including Hong Kong and Macau) domestic sectors are permitted at a maximum of 2 flight sectors.
- For each award, a maximum of 2 stopovers (a stay more than 24 hours or surface sector) are permitted in the whole itinerary.
For China Eastern Airlines, for international travel originating in China (including Hong Kong and Macau), stopover in China (including Hong Kong and Macau) is not permitted.
- "One city" can be included twice at the maximum for the whole itinerary, however stopover at "one city" is permitted once in the whole itinerary.
- One surface sector is permitted in the whole itinerary.
- A surface sector is counted to be "one stopover" regardless of the sojourn time.
- The distance of the surface sector is included in the total distance of award itinerary.
Upgrading of awards
Award tickets cannot be upgraded by paying the fare differential.
The award ticket will be valid for 1 year from the date the mileage is deducted (the date the ticket is issued). The commencement of the last flight sector must not exceed the award ticket validity.
For LAN, Chilean domestic, Peruvian domestic and Argentinean domestic flights for "pure within domestic awards" (excluding domestic flights within the awards containing international flights) will be valid for 6 months from the date the mileage is deducted (the date the ticket is issued).
If you do not board the reserved flight, the award ticket will be invalid, and mileage refund and changes to other awards will not be available.
Changes of flight number and flight date are permitted.
Effective April 1, 2015, longer deadlines will be introduced for reservations made by phone.
|Type of tickets
||3 days* prior to the reserved departure date or the new departure date (whichever comes first).
Through JAL website, 4 days* prior to the reserved departure date or the new departure date of the first segment (whichever comes first).
*Deadline may vary if you are a member of regions other than Japan region. Please refer to following links:
For members in American region
For members in Asia・Oceania region
For members in Europe・Middle East・Africa region
In case of changes, e-tickets must be re-validated or re-issued.
Reservation changes through JAL website may not be applicable to some reservations.
||7 days prior to the reserved departure date or the new departure date (whichever comes first).
Changes of the traveler's name, the airline carrier, the flight sector, the class of service, the routing and the type of awards are not permitted.
"Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards" is applicable in case of cancellation of unused award tickets.
Members are responsible for all the mailing costs of award tickets sent to the JMB International Award Reservations Desk of your membership registration.
To page top