Booking and purchasing international flight tickets on JAL Website
Who can book online? Any restriction?
Maximum number of passengers in a bookingOpen
The following bookings cannot be made online on the JAL website. Reservations can be made at JAL Call Center.
Reservations made at JAL Call Center are subject to a Ticket Service Fee.
- When an infant or a child travels unaccompanied.
When an infant or a child does not travel in the same aircraft or class of service as an adult for at least one segment of a trip, the trip is considered to be without an adult.
* If a JMB member under the age of 12 logged in, the booking must include an adult aged 12 years or over.
- When an adult aged 16 or over travels with two or more infants
- When an adult aged 16 or over travels with four or more children under the age of 12
- An infant will travel on a Child Fare and occupy a seat
- A pregnant passenger applicable to any of the following conditions.
- Medical Information Form (MEDIF) must be submitted.
- When the expected date of delivery is within four weeks (28 days)
- When there is uncertainty concerning the expected date of delivery
- In the case of a multiple pregnancy
- If there is a history of early delivery
- When a stretcher, medical device, or medical oxygen tank is required
- Medical Information Form (MEDIF) must be submitted.
- When a passenger requires more than one seat.
For details, please check below.
Which airlines can be booked?Open
Which fares can be booked online?Open
Which itineraries can be booked online?Open
Which flight segments can be booked online?Open
How far in advance can bookings be made?Open
How to manage booking?
Click below to view reservations and purchased tickets.
Passengers traveling with a JMB International Upgrade Award
To use the upgrade award, you are required to purchase a ticket for the flight first, then apply the upgrade from the JMB top page upon login.
If there are no seats available for an upgrade on the requested flight, the class of the purchased fare will be accommodated. Even for ticket refund due to no seats being available for upgrade, cancellation and refund charges will apply.
Seats on JAL group flights can be selected at the time of booking based on availability. Some booking classes may not be eligible for advance seat assignments.
Please check below for details.
We are unable to waitlist paid tickets via the JAL website.
Our call center can do this for you.
- We may not be able to waitlist some fares due to fare regulations.
Prior to Your Trip
Reservations can be changed via theJAL website up to 72 hours prior to departure.
During your Trip
Reservations can be changed via the JAL website up to 24 hours prior to the departure of your next flight. You can select a revised flight departing 72 hours or more after your reservation change.
- When your next flight departs at 9:00 pm on January 2, the process must be completed on or before 9:00 pm on January 1.
- When you make a reservation change at 9:00 pm on January 1, you can select a revised flight that departs on or after 9:00 pm on January 4.
- No Ticket Service Fee apply for changing your reservation via the website.
- If the period for changing your reservation via the website has passed, changes will be accepted by the call center. Ticket Service Fee will apply for changes made via the call center.
- We may not be able to change some fares due to fare regulations. For more information, please contact us.
- Refunds are available for tickets purchased through the JAL website until 3 hours prior to the departure time. (If you are unable to do this due to technical issues, please contact the call center.)
- The amount to be refunded may differ from the amount which has been paid due to the exchange rate fluctuation.
- Check the number of days until refund payment here.
Who can purchase flight tickets?
Following conditions need to be met for passengers to purchase flight tickets on JAL website.
- Passengers made a reservation on JAL websites on either PC or smartphone site
- Passengers need to have an email address
- The flight tickets of travel companions in the same booking can be purchased together.
However, bookings include the following conditions cannot be purchased on JAL website. Please contact JAL Call Center for your requests.
- When an infant or a child travels unaccompanied (*1)
- When purchasing a child fare for an infant occupying a seat
- When a passenger requires more than one seat, etc.
- Flight tickets for infants who will be accompanied by an adult (above 12 years old) traveling in the same class of service on all flights in the itinerary can be purchased on JAL website following booking by phone.
When an infant or a child does not travel in the same aircraft or class of service as an adult for at least one flight segment of a trip, the trip is considered to be without an adult. (This includes situations in which the adult uses an award ticket and a ticket is purchased for the infant or child.)
Which itineraries can be purchased?
Itineraries meet all the conditions listed below.
- The itinerary was booked on JAL website on either PC or smartphone site
- The major international flight segments of the itinerary are consist of JAL group flights
- Some bookings including upgraded flights with JMB awards cannot be purchased.
- Itineraries with open sector cannot be booked and purchased.
- To comply with the U.S. transportation rules, for itineraries from the U.S. to the U.S. (including Hawaii and Guam) via Japan (*), at least one international flight is required to be operated by a U.S. carrier.
- Including itineraries regarded as "via Japan" by the U.S. authorities.
For details, please contact us.
Even when above conditions are met, it may not be possible to purchase for reasons such as the system being unable to perform automatic fare calculation.
Fares that cannot be purchased on JAL website can be purchased at JAL call center.
Reservations and purchases are possible until 11:59 pm on the day before the flight, or up to 6 hours prior to departure for late-night flights departing after midnight.
When requesting fares that have a purchase deadline, please complete your request within each fare's purchase deadline.
The following payments are accepted on JAL website:
JALCARD, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club International, JCB, UATP
As a general rule, transactions will be settled in the local currency (*Excluding some countries/regions) and foreign exchange fees may apply based on your credit card. For details, please contact your card issuer.
- Transactions will be settled in U.S. dollar for Central and South America, Philippines and Vietnam departure, and Euro for Russia and United Arab Emirates departure.
Due to exchange rate fluctuations, the converted amount may differ from the charge amount from credit card company.
For passengers using JAL card, the price of tickets purchased in foreign currency will be converted into Japanese yen by the method specified by Japan Airlines.
You can also choose a preferred payment currency in addition to the local currency. This is called Multi Currency Pricing (MCP), and your payment will be converted into the payment currency by a method specified by Japan Airlines.
For secure online purchase
When you purchase a ticket with your credit card through our website,you may be required to enter your personal password on a secure page for authentication to complete the online purchase.
How to receive e-ticket
Email or JAL website
The e-ticket will be sent by email to the designated email address. Please present it when check-in at the airport. Also, you are able to print your e-ticket on JAL website.
Issue a web receipt
Web receipt is available online.
Special meal requestsOpen
For passenger flying US, Canada, or Australia routesOpen
For passengers flying US routes (excluding Guam) including transitOpen
For passengers entering the US including Hawaii and GuamOpen
Notice regarding fuel and insurance surcharges for international flightsOpen
Browser settings and cookiesClose
To use the functions of the JAL Website in a computing environment with limited cookie use, your browser options should be set to always accept cookies from the following URLs (addresses):
Instructions for Internet Explorer version 11
1. From the Tools menu, select Internet options.
2. Click the Privacy tab and click the Sites button.
3. Input the URL above into the Address of Web site section one at a time, clicking the Allow button after each one.
4. Once the URL above are registered, click the OK button.