JALPAK Personal Information Protection
JALPAK Basic Policy on Information Security and Personal Information Protection
In light of the importance of information security and personal information protection in an advanced information and communications society, JALPAK will endeavor to properly manage and protect the information held by our company in accordance with the JAL Group policy and the JQA (Japan Quality Assurance Organization) JIS Q 15001 Standard.
1. Compliance with laws and regulations
JALPAK will comply with laws and regulations, as well as policies and guidelines set by government agencies.
2. Prohibition of use for other purposes
With respect to dealing with the personal information, we will acquire and use such personal information as appropriate within the scope of purpose specified in advance, and will not handle personal information in such a way that exceeds the scope necessary to fulfill said purpose (use for other purposes).
3. Establishing a management system
We will establish an internal management system for the clear allocation of responsibilities.
4. Compliance with internal policies, regulations, guidelines, etc.
We will comply with the JAL Group policy, internal policies, internal regulations, guidelines, etc., as well as the JQA (Japan Quality Assurance Organization) JIS Q 15001 Standard.
5. Implementing safety measures
We will implement safety measures, and take other precautionary measures against unauthorized access to information, as well as the loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of information.
6. Conducting educational and awareness activities
We will promote educational and awareness activities for our employees in efforts to improve understanding and raise awareness related to information management, so that information is properly managed.
7. Cooperation with commissioned vendors
When outsourcing information management tasks to other companies, we will select personnel with sufficient experience and ability, and stipulate matters relating to our obligation of confidentiality in the work contract, to ensure that information is properly managed.
8. Efforts to improve operations
We regularly check that information is being properly managed and continuously conduct business improvement initiatives.
9. Response in event of accident
In the unlikely event of an incident, we will promptly disclose all necessary information while keeping any harm caused to a minimum, and take appropriate measures, including measures to prevent the incident from recurring.
10. Disclosure of policies
This policy and other policies relating to information security and personal information protection will be made public on our website, etc.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Purpose of use of personal information and its provision to third parties
- (1) Personal information contained in applications submitted by customers when applying for travel shall be used by JALPAK and its contracted travel agents or their representatives (hereinafter "Distributors") to communicate with customers. Additionally, such information shall also be used by Distributors to the extent necessary within the scope of arranging travel services provided by transportation and accommodation organizations, etc. (major ones are listed for each plan, etc.), and to process the receipt of such services; fulfilling their contractual obligations to JALPAK and ensuring that the costs of accidents are covered by insurance; and ensuring customers' convenience when shopping at duty-free or souvenir stores at the travel destination.
*JALPAK and its Distributors may also use customers' personal information to:
a. introduce customers to products, services, and promotions from JALPAK, its Distributors, and their partner companies;
b. ask customers for opinions and feedback about their trip;
c. send surveys;
d. offer benefits and services;
e. create statistical materials (for sales analyses and other investigations and research, development and provision of new services and products);
f. handle tasks, inquiries, etc., related to items a. to e. above.
- (2) The personal information to be obtained by JALPAK shall include your name, date of birth, age, gender, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, passport number, and any other personal information to the minimum extent required for your travel plan in order for JALPAK to conduct the trip. In addition, in cases where special arrangements are required, such as accompaniment by a carer or provision of a wheelchair, JALPAK may obtain additional personal information other than the above for the purpose of making such arrangements (or informing that such arrangements cannot be made); this is considered to be within the scope necessary for JALPAK to make arrangements.
- (3) If you do not consent to JALPAK acquiring your personal information where necessary, JALPAK reserves the right to abstain from concluding a contract. Furthermore, not consenting may mean that JALPAK is unable to make your desired arrangements.
- (4) JALPAK and its agents (including overseas subsidiaries of JALPAK) shall provide customer information to transport and accommodation organizations in advance, including name, age, gender, telephone number, and other information, by electronic means, etc., to the extent necessary in order to make arrangements, as set forth in paragraph (1) of this section. In addition, only in the unlikely event of an accident will information be provided to insurance companies in written form to the extent necessary for insurance procedures.
- (5) We may provide customers' personal data to duty-free stores, souvenir stores, baggage carriers, etc., for the convenience of our customers at their destination. In such cases, personal data including customer names, passport numbers, and flight numbers will be provided in advance by electronic means, etc.
2. Shared use of personal data
Regarding the customer personal data held by JALPAK, the following are shared between JAL Group companies: JMB membership number, name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number or e-mail address, travel details, etc. JAL Group companies may use this information for their respective sales promotions, as a guide for entertainment, etc., and as a reference when shipping purchased products and developing new products. The names of the JAL Group companies and the persons responsible for the management of personal data are as follows:
Companies with Shared Access to Customer Personal Data JAL Group companies: Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.; Japan Transocean Air Co., Ltd.; J-Air Co., Ltd.; Japan Air Commuter Co., Ltd.; Ryukyu Air Commuter Co., Ltd.; Hokkaido Air System Co., Ltd.; JALCARD Inc.; JAL Sales Co., Ltd.; JAL JTA SALES Co., Ltd.; JAL Digital Experience Co., Ltd.
Company Responsible for the Management of Personal Data:
JALPAK Co., Ltd.
3. Disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of the provision of personal data held by JALPAK
If you wish to disclose personal data, correct, add or delete certain details, or if you would like us to stop using, erase, or cease providing personal data to third parties, etc., we will inform you of the necessary procedures. See 6. below for how to get in touch. Once you have contacted us, we will confirm your identity and take the necessary action without delay in accordance with laws and regulations. If we are unable to meet all or part of your request, we will inform you of the reason.
4. Entrusted work
If JALPAK is entrusted with a portion of another company's work, we will handle personal information to the extent necessary in order to perform the work as instructed by the contractor.
5. Credit card information
JALPAK shall collect and use credit card information to process payments for customers who wish to pay for our services by credit card, and to respond to inquiries regarding such transactions.
6. Point of contact for inquiries and complaints about personal information
(1) If you have any inquiries or complaints regarding the handling of personal information, please contact:
JALPAK Co., Ltd.
Personal Information Customer Consultation,
2-4-11, Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan 140-8658
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Japan Airlines Vacations : Processing of Personal Data in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)Please see "Japan Airlines Vacations : Processing of Personal Data in GDPR"