Using the "Change Reservation" Feature on the JAL Homepage (Before Departure)
Save Time and Effort!
- Reservations can be changed via the JAL homepage up to 72 hours prior to departure.
- No ticket handling fees, even when exchanged tickets have different fares!
Terms and Conditions
This feature can be used as long as your original ticket meets all of the conditions below.
- You have purchased an eTicket through the JAL homepage or smartphone site.
- A credit card was used as the form of payment.
- The fare permits a reservation change.
- It is not an upgrade reservation.
- The reservation does not contain and infant who is not occupying a seat.
- The reservation is for a ticket issued on or after November 16, 2017.
- The reservation has not already been changed via JAL International Flight Reservations/Purchases/Customer Service (overseas JAL Reservation Centers), or at a local office or airport counter.
Further specific conditions apply in addition to those above.
- Please complete your reservation change more than 72 hours prior to your original departure time.
- You can select a revised flight departing 72 hours or more after your reservation change.
- If you have already departed, please complete your reservation change at least 24 hours before your next flight departs.
- The deadline to make a reservation change for a flight departing at 9:00 pm on January 4 would be 9:00 pm on January 1.
- When you make a reservation change at 9:00 pm on January 1, you can select a revised flight that departs on or after 9:00 pm on January 4.
*Paying Fare Tax Differences/Reservation Change Fees
We accept payment by credit card.
- * Some reservation changes may result in a refund, rather than a payment.
You can select your seat for your revised flight from the reservation confirmation screen after completing your reservation change.
- We originally bought tickets for two people, but only one of us has had a change of plans. Can that person use this feature?
- You can use the Reservation Details page to do a reservation change for just the person whose plans have changed. Check "Change some passengers only," and the reservations will split into two sets.
- What sort of situations will produce a refund instead of a fare tax difference/flight change fee?
- Payment is not required and a refund is issued when revised fare taxes and other fees are lower than their original total, and when the difference between these two also exceeds the reservation change fee.
In such cases, the reservation change fee is deducted from the surplus fare taxes and other fees, and the remainder is refunded to the credit card account used for the ticket purchase. Refunds are processed two to three months after reservation changes.
- What are the "other specific conditions" that apply to the use of this feature?
- The conditions are shown below
- No wait-listed flights or flights which require schedule change confirmations.
- The reservation must not include any special requests (special meal requests, JAL Family Club, etc.).
- The reservation must not be for unaccompanied children (under age 12).
- The system must be able to read and recognize the ticket information.
- Web check-in must not have been used.