Using “VeriFLY”, you can check all the required documents of your destination in advance and make the check-in process more convenient.
JAL-operated flights only. Codeshare flights operated by other airlines are not eligible.
VeriFLY does not cover connections from a international flight to another international flight. Please check the details below.
Departing from Japan
United States (excluding Guam)
Arriving into Japan
Not available on VeriFLY. Please use the quarantine Fast Track by the Japanese Government.
Fast Track allows you to complete Japanese quarantine procedures before entering Japan, simplifying document verification at check-in and entry.
Eligible routes (Departing from Japan)
All passengers aged 4 and over
- Travelling party can also be registered and checked through VeriFLY
All fares, including tickets issued by travel agencies, package tours, and frequent-flier award tickets.
COVID-19 negative test certificates, vaccination certificates and other documents may be requested by government or state/local authorities upon arrival, so please have your original copies of each document available to show at any time.
For the latest travel conditions, please check JAL website, or information on embassy, consulate, and health organization websites for your destination.
The app is available for devices with iOS version 11.0+ or Android version 6.0+
Create your account
Follow the app instructions to register your name and email address.
Re-open the app from the verification email, and complete account creation by taking a selfie in the app.
- Please register your full name as it appears on your passport.
Select your destination
Choose your destination from the list shown in "Search" menu.
Proceed to register your flight details from "Add Trip".
- If necessary, register your traveling companion's information.
- Flight details cannot be edited once registered. Please delete and recreate your trip.
Register information required for entry to the US
Register information regarding entry requirements (1. COVID-19 vaccination certificate, 2. COVID-19 negative test certificate, 3. Attestation, 4. Pre-travel checklist etc).
- You will be asked to upload a picture of your COVID-19 negative certificate/vaccination certificate.
- Your COVID-19 negative certificate/vaccination certificate is required to be uploaded at least 4 hours prior to your flight departure time.
- Those passengers who are exempted from vaccination are not applicable for VeriFLY usage as a principle.
- When registering vaccine certificates, International Travel 2D barcode shown in the official vaccine certificates can be used. In order to register, either read the 2D barcode from the app camera or upload image data of screen shot/photo of 2D barcode.
Please show this "Ready to Travel" screen to the airport staff on the day of departure.
Does it cost to download and use the VeriFLY mobile app?
If a green tick appears on the checklist screen, do I need my paper documents with me?
Is it possible that I cannot enter the country despite VeriFLY showing "Ready to Travel"?
Are all travel requirements completed by using the VeriFLY app?
March 28, 2022