JAL Mileage Bank's Special Response to the Spread of Novel Coronavirus (Last Updated April 2, 2020)
Thank you for your continued patronage of the JAL Group.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the suspension or reduction of services on some routes due to the spread of the Novel Coronavirus.
We understand that many of you have had to cancel or reschedule your itinerary.
Therefore, JAL Mileage Bank will take the following special measures.
JAL Group Japan domestic award tickets can be booked up to 330 days in advance and can be changed, so we look forward to your continued use of these tickets.
About Handling expired miles and e JAL Points
Miles and e JAL Points that have or will expire between February 29, 2020 (Saturday) and July 31, 2020 (Friday) will be credited back as e JAL Points that are valid for one year.
JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) members who registered in advance
March 26, 2020 (Thursday) - July 31, 2020 (Friday) Japan Time
e JAL Points handling details and precautions
- Advance registration required.
- Expired miles will be credited as e JAL Points.
The conversion rate from miles to e JAL Points s is 1.5 points per mile (Round up after the decimal point).
- Expired e JAL Points will be credited back as the same number of e JAL Points.
Miles and e JAL Points that have crossed over to validity will once expire, the end of the following month when the you register in advance, e JAL Points that have validity for one year from the calculation date will be added.
Once you register in advance, all miles and e JAL Points that expire during the qualifying period will be eligible to be credited back as e JAL Points.
- Eligible expired Miles or e JAL Points that have expired prior to your registration will be credited back as e JAL Points at the end of the following month upon completion of your registration.
- Miles or e JAL Points that expired during this period will be credited back as e JAL Points at the end of the month following the month in which the points expired.
e JAL Points Balance Display in your statement
Details (Miles to e JAL Points): New Corona Special Adjustment Point (Miles expired)
Details (e JAL Point → Total amount to e JAL Point): New Corona Special Adjustment Point (eJAL expired)
- Both mileage and e JAL Points are applied. One or the other cannot be chosen.
About Handling of FLY ON Points
For customers with fewer flying opportunities due to the recent spread of the novel coronavirus, FLY ON Points earned on JAL and JAL group flights between February 1, 2020 (Saturday) to July 31, 2020 (Friday) will accumulated at twice the normal rate in order to ensure continued access to the FLY ON Program.
For example, if a traveler flies the Tokyo (Haneda) - Sapporo (New Chitose) route with a normal adult fares:
For example, if a traveler participates in "FLY ON Members only JAL Group Domestic Flight 50% Bonus FLY ON Points Promotion" for a month of your
*1 510 miles (Sector mileage) ×100% (Mile accumulation rate) ×2 (Domectic flight FLY ON Point conversion rate)
*2 Flight bonus FLY ON Points
*3 510 miles (Sector mileage) ×100% (Mile accumulation rate) ×2 (Domectic flight FLY ON Point conversion rate)×50% (FLY ON Point bonus awarded in promotion)
JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) members who board during the applicable time period
- You do not need to register in advance.
From February 1, 2020 (Saturday) to July 31, 2020 (Friday).
- FLY ON Points will be credited by the end of April for accumulation during February 1, 2020 (Saturday) through March 31 (Tuesday).
All Japan domestic and international routes operated by JAL and the JAL Group
- Code-sharing Code-share flights operated by other airlines are not applicable.
Fares eligible for flight mileage accumulation.
- Other bonus points such as JAL CARD First time boarding FLY ON Point bonus, Bonus FLY ON Points (200 FLY ON Points and 400 FLY ON Points) are not doubled.
- When you made post credit by April 15 for the flights during this applicable period, those FLY ON Points will be doubled and you would see in your JMB account by the end of April.
- JAL Global WALLET is now offering a campaign to redeem JAL Global WALLET coupons for a limited time only! You can charge your JAL Global WALLET card in Japanese yen. Shop at MasterCard member stores worldwide.
- From mid-April 2020, JMB members in all regions will be able to use e JAL Points.
- Reservations of JAL Group Airlines Japan domestic Award Tickets will be accepted from 330 days prior to departure.
April 2, 2020