JAL International Upgrade Awards
On/After April 1, 2019, reservations for International flight will be accepted from 10:00 am (JST), 360 days prior to departure.
- JAL International Upgrade Awards are available for fewer miles by taking part in the following promotions.
JAL Website only Upgrade Discount Promotion
Upgrade your flight using fewer miles on eligible routes.
Promotion for Airport Upgrades
Promotion for FLY ON members only
A designated number of miles will be credited back to the original account toward the end of the month following an eligible flight.
Changes / Refunds after Mileage Redemption
- Reservation changes
Changes to upgrade award reservations are not permitted. If you wish to change your reservation, you must cancel and refund your existing upgrade reservation and then make a new upgrade reservation.
- Cancellations / Refunds
If you refund your unused upgrade award, the refund charge will not be incurred.
- *Mileage cannot be reinstated if you fail to board your reserved flight.
- *Mileage cannot be refunded to your account if it has already expired by the time you request to have it reinstated.
- *The Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards for Unused Awards is available when canceling an unused upgrade award after mileage deduction.
Deadline for Cancellations / Refunds
- Deadline for cancellations / refunds :
- 24 hours prior to the departure of your upgrade award flight (departure city time)*.
- *Until the end of business hours of call centers in each region.
- When you change your booked Premium Economy upgrade award to a Business Class upgrade award at the airport on the day of departure.
- When you cancel the purchased ticket, or change your reservation.