Paying Excess Baggage Charges for JAL International Flights by JMB miles
With this service, JMB miles can be used to pay for excess baggage on JAL international flights.
A JMB member who flies on the flights specified above using his or her own miles.
- Required mileage will be deducted from the account of the traveling JMB member.
- For JALCARD Family Program members and JAL Family Club members, mileage will be automatically deducted from the family mileage pool.
- JMB members may also use miles for a traveling family member within two degrees of kinship upon presentation of their JMB Card or JALCARD or submission of a proxy registration form at the airport.
- *In order to view PDF documents, you will need to install Adobe Reader on your computer.
Eligible flights for this service
JAL International Flights
The following flights are excluded.
- Code-share flights operated by partner airlines.
- Only flights operated by JAL with JAL flight numbers are eligible. Also applicable between flights connecting to/from eligible flights.
- Miles can be used for excess baggage payments on JAL Group domestic flights that apply "CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE (INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS BAGGAGE)" connecting to/from JAL International flights.
- *Ineligible flights are subject to change without prior notice.
All airports servicing JAL-operated flights
|Departure/Destination area||Extra pieces||Overweight||Oversize|
|24 - 32kg||33 - 45kg||Total linear dimensions (width/ height/ depth) exceed 203cm|
|East Asia *1||10,000||6,000||30,000||10,000|
|South East Asia / South Asia *2|
|North America *6|
When connecting from a JAL international flight to a JAL international flight
- *The miles shown are the number of miles required when using the through check-in service, and do not indicate the number of miles required when traveling round-trip.
Departure/Destination area Extra pieces Overweight Oversize 24 - 32kg 33 - 45kg Total linear dimensions (width/ height/ depth) exceed 203cm
East Asia *1 -
South East Asia / South Asia *2 -
Oceania *3 -
Russia (Vladivostok) -
East Asia *1 10,000 6,000 30,000 10,000 Guam South East Asia / South Asia *2 Oceania *3 Russia (Vladivostok) Europe *4 20,000 10,000 60,000 20,000 Russia (Moscow) Hawaii *5 North America *6
- *1East Asia: Busan, Seoul, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Dalian, Tianjin, Guangzhou, Taipei, Kaohsiung, Manila
- *2South East Asia / South Asia: Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Jakarta, Delhi, Bengaluru, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- *3Oceania: Melbourne, Sydney
- *4Europe: Paris, Frankfurt, Helsinki, London
- *5Hawaii: Honolulu, Kona
- *6North America: Boston, Chicago, Dallas Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver
- When checking in at the airport, please present your JMB membership card or JALCARD and indicate that you would like to use JMB miles to pay for the excess baggage charge.
- For one excess baggage charge, payment by JMB miles cannot be combined with payment by cash (or credit card).
- Receipts will not be issued for payments with JMB miles.
- This service cannot be requested in advance. Requests must be made at the airport on the day of your flight.