Rule Changes for Domestic Fares
Starting with flights booked Tuesday, September 10, 2019,
the date, flights become available to book will change.
Starting with flights departing Sunday, October 27, 2019,
cancellation and refund fees will change.
Changes to First Booking Dates
Pre-change: Up through Monday, September 9, 2019
|SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fare||Twice per year (January, August)|
|Transit Fare 28||As needed, announced via press release|
|All other fares and award tickets||9:30 am, 2 months before the departure date|
Post-change: Starting Tuesday, September 10, 2019
|All fares and award tickets
(certain fares*1 and codeshare flights*2 excluded)
|9:30 am, 330 days before the departure date|
- *1Transit Fare 7 and 28 booking dates are announced as needed via press release; Dokokani Mile bookings are available from 12:00 am, 1 month before the departure date.
- *2Bookings for codeshare flights are sequentially accepted once schedule is confirmed.
Starting Tuesday, September 10, 2019, first booking dates and their corresponding flight dates will be as follows.
SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fares for the second half of fiscal 2019 (departing 10/29/2019 through 3/28/2020) will still go on sale as a block in late August 2019.
This will be the last time SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fares go on sale as a block.
Service Changes Resulting from Change to First Booking Date
Return Flight Confirmation Service Ends
The Return Flight Confirmation Service, which allows passengers traveling on round trip or multi-segment itineraries to book by phone their return flights even if they are not yet on sale, will end on Monday, September 9, 2019 (for flights departing Saturday, November 23, 2019).
Passengers traveling on round trip and multi-segment flights will need to book each segment after it goes on sale.
Changes to Member Priority Services
- JMB member priority booking for SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fares will no longer be offered after the August 2019 block goes on sale.
- Priority domestic booking service for JMB Diamond members and JGC Premier members will change beginning with flights booked Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
Revised Cancellation/Refund Fees (apply to flights departing Sunday, October 27, 2019 and later)
Along with the extended booking availability, cancellation/refund fees will be revised as follows.
Fees will vary depending on the fare type of the ticket as well as the date the cancellation/refund is processed.
Domestic passenger facility charge will not be affected.
Fare Type Cancellation Date
|SAKITOKU||TOKUBIN||Transit Fare 28||Transit Fare 7||JMB Companion Fare*1||Flexible Fare|
|Purchase date until
55 days before departure date
|¥430||¥430 per booking (2 tickets)||¥430*2|
|54 days before departure date
until flight departure
|50% of fare||5% of fare
some routes *3)
|50% of fare||5% of fare||50% of fare||¥430*2|
|After flight departure||90% of fare
(85% of fare + ¥430 for some routes*3)
20% of fare
- *1Miles cannot be refunded.
- *2For JAL Business KIPPU, ¥430 per booking (2 tickets)
- *3Itami - Niigata/Matsuyama/Tajima, Fukuoka - Miyazaki, Kagoshima - Tanegashima/Yakushima, Naha - Ishigaki/Miyako/Kumejima
- *Please see below for fees applicable to flights departing on or before Saturday, October 26, 2019.