Take the road less traveled with JAL and Times Car Rental. Travel to your own timetable.
Stop where you like. Explore natural beauty and sights off the beaten track.
Our "fly and drive" discount offers make exploring Japan easy and affordable.
There is no need to schedule your travels around bus or train schedules. Your exploration begins the moment you start the engine of your rental car. On the way to a hot springs resort or seaside area, you can pull over at the “michi-no-eki” (highway stations) to check out the local products, make a detour to see a historic temple, stop to take some snapshots of Japan’s natural beauty, or completely change your plans and set a new destination. It’s all up to you!
Nothing is more enjoyable than doing what you like when you like. Instead of letting sights whiz by the window of the train, you can stop, park and experience them. Roll down the window and enjoy the sights, sounds and fragrances of Japan. Above all, there is the simple pleasure of a leisurely drive of discovery.
No time wasted waiting at a bus stop or the train to your destination. No luggage to carry through stations or from a bus stop to a hotel. Just pick up your rental car at the airport, load up your baggage, and you are on your way. When you are hungry, you can stop at a restaurant that catches your eye. When you need a moment to stretch your legs, just pull over. When you feel the need for some tunes, go ahead and turn up the volume.
No worries about disturbing others or others disturbing you. In the comfort of your car, you can chat, joke, and laugh with companions to your heart’s content. In the private space of your car, you are free to nap, snack or just enjoy the breathtaking views.
Fly the wings of JAL and drive the wheels of Times Car Rental to discovery! Only for customers who book JAL domestic flights on Japan Region's English website, special rental car discount rates are available around Japan. Check out below and book today!
Enjoy 40% discount*
Enjoy 35% discount*
Enjoy 35% discount*
- *Discounts are applicable from April 1 to September 30, 2018. (Car reservation from June 2018 will be released soon.) Different discounts may apply to long holiday season in Japan, such as Golden Week, Obon Festival. Please see more details on the rental car reservation pages.
JAL Sakitoku “Early Bird” Discount Fares let you get the most of your holiday budget. The earlier you book, the more you save! Fly to any JAL destination with our award-winning flight service and have more to spend on your Japan experience.
Search and book flights
|Route||75 days before
|55 days before
|45 days before
|28 days before
|Ultra SAKITOKU||Super SAKITOKU||SAKITOKU Type B||SAKITOKU Type A|
- *Passenger Facility Charge will be added to fares for flights departing from and arriving at Haneda, Narita, Chubu and Kitakyushu Airports. Fare amount may change without notice. For details, please check Notification of ticket handling (for purchased ticket).
- *The fare (lowest and highest) examples listed above are effective for the dates provided regardless the actual seat or fare availability.
- *The number of available seats is limited. The discount fare may not be applicable on some routes, flights and dates.
- *SAKITOKU Fares are not applicable for the following routes: Okinawa - Kita Daito / Minami Daito, Kita Daito - Minami Daito, Miyako - Tarama, Ishigaki - Yonaguni.
Please check the fare regulations for more details about the required reservation and purchase deadlines for different departure dates.