Congestion at the JAL Contact Center
Thank you very much for your continued support of the JAL Group.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has designated a new strain of concern of COVID-19 (Omicron).An increase in inquiries surrounding the latest travel restrictions may cause extended wait times at the JAL Contact Center. We appreciate your understanding in advance.
For new bookings, changes and refunds
- Currently there is a limit on the number of people permitted to enter Japan due to enhanced restrictions imposed by the Japanese government. In accordance with instructions from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), Japan Airlines had stopped taking new reservations for all JAL-operated international flights arriving in Japan in December 2021 due to strengthened border control measures against the new Omicron variant of COVID-19. However, the situation has now changed and so we have now partially resumed sales. For more information on these restrictions, please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
- Customers who are only transiting Japan without entering the country can continue to make reservations for JAL operated international flights arriving in Japan as part of these transit itineraries. For information about codeshare flights operated by other airlines, please contact the operating airline.
- If you are unable to travel due to government restrictions, changes and refunds are available free of charge. If you have a ticket that is unable to be refunded on our website, you can request a refund by calling the JAL International Customer Contact Center, or by using the refund form below as long as the request is made within the period specified below.
・Before departure of your first flight: Within one year and 30 days (*1) of the ticket issuance date.
・After departure of your first flight: Within one year and 30 days after the departure date of the first flight in your itinerary.
- If you have a JMB partner airline award ticket or a oneworld award ticket, please contact us within one year after the ticket issuance date.
- If you purchased your ticket through a travel agency or other non-JAL source, please contact the place where you purchased your ticket.
December 20, 2021