Best time to see: Early April to mid-May
Some 2,600 cherry blossom trees of 50 different species, mainly Yoshino cherry trees but also weeping cherry trees and Yaezakura cherry trees. The park is lit up at night from April 23 until May 6 (subject to change depending on flowering conditions) during the Cherry Blossom Festival. The cherry blossoms floating in the dark night are breathtakingly fantastic sight to behold.
- 1 Shimoshirogane-cho, Hirosaki-shi, Aomori Prefecture 036-8356
- 0172-37-5501 (Hirosaki Municipal Tourist Center)
- Open 24 hours a day (except some paying areas)
* 310 yen admission fee for Honmaru and Kita no Kuruwa, which are open from 9:00 to 17:00 during the period from April 1 to November 23(open 7:00 to 21:00 during the Cherry Blossom Festival) (This fee includes admission to the Hirosaki Castle Museum)
- 30 minutes on foot or 10 minutes by car from JR Hirosaki station
- Nearest airport:
- Aomori Airport
Information accurate as of January 13, 2017.