JAL provides the following items to make your journey more enjoyable.
Check-in Counter for Priority Guests
- JAL Support Counter: Narita Airport (JAL international flights only)
- JAL Smile Support Counters are located in the following airports: Sapporo(New Chitose), Tokyo(Haneda), Tokyo(Narita) , Nagoya(Chubu), Itami, Osaka(Kansai), Fukuoka, and Okinawa(Naha)
Airport courtesy wheelchair service is available at all airports from the check-in counter to the gate at the airport of departure; and from the gate to the baggage claim area exit at the airport of arrival. You can choose the one among 5 types.
*Wheelchairs available at airports vary among airports. (Please inquire for details.)
*At Haneda Airport International Passenger Terminal, wheelchairs provided by Tokyo International Air Ternimal Corporation are availale. For details, please contact Tokyo International Air Terminal Corporations.
- A full-reclining wheelchair.
- Sapporo(New Chitose), Tokyo(Haneda), Tokyo(Narita), Nagoya(Chubu), Osaka(Itami), Osaka(Kansai), Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Okinawa(Naha), Kumejima, Miyako and Ishigaki
- A larger size than aisle chair but unable to enter the cabin.
- A wide wheelchair for large sized passenger. Wheels are fixed, but unable to enter the cabin.
- The Improved wheelchair from introduced to Haneda domestic terminal in 2007 with thicker seat cushion, slight inclined seat surface and stain-resistant fabric.
- It is the special specification so-called "aisle-chair" which can be used in the cabin by removing the outer wheels.
|Usual||400 (15.7)||1,085 (42.7)||1,420 (55.9)|
|Fully reclined||400 (15.7)||1,888 (74.3)||590 (23.2)|
|470 (18.5)||450 (17.7)||954 (37.5)|
|450 (17.7)||400 (15.7)||860 (33.8)|
|400 (15.7)||400 (15.7)||892 (35.1)|
|365 (14.3)||400 (15.7)||875 (34.4)|
- * All the sizes in the table are expressed in "millimeter (inch)."
- * The sizes of the width and depth in the table mean the size of seat surface. In addition, the height means the height from the floor.
This lift can be used for small aircraft with fold-away steps to which Passenger Boarding Lift cannot be set.
- Sapporo(New Chitose), Kushiro, Obihiro, Hakodate, Akita, Hanamaki, Sendai, Yamagata, Niigata, Itami, Nankishirahama, Oki, Izumo, Kochi, Matsuyama, Fukuoka, Oita, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Miyazaki, Tanegashima, Yakushima, Amami, Tokunoshima and Okinoerabu
Passenger Step Car with Wheelchairs Lift
Wheelchair users are able to move up and down in their wheelchairs.
- Sapporo(New Chitose), Sendai, Tokyo(Haneda), Tokyo(Narita), Itami, Fukuoka, Okinawa(Naha) and Ishigaki
*This step car is not available depends on the type of aircraft.
JAL Vehicle (Itami Airport)
This car is designed for wheelchair users to board flights at an open spot.
A guest who cannot bend his/her knees due to a plaster cast can use this leg support with a wheelchair or seated (while cruising) to suspend his/her foot (limited to some seats).
- Equipped at all airports in Japan
Aircraft Boarding Chair
Wheelchair-like devices used primarily for enplaning and deplaning passengers with disabilities.
- 29 airports served by small-sized aircraft, such as Itami, Fukuoka, and Okinawa(Naha)
Threshold Wheelchair Ramp
Wheelchair ramp is installed on the threshold of the exit and Passenger Boarding Lift for a wheelchair user to move easier and safer.
- Equipped at almost all airports in Japan. (21 airports)