Electronic Money Award WAON
How to Request and Receive Awards
STEP1Request an Award
Redeem your miles for the Electronic Money Award WAON.
On the JAL website
JMB WAON Card members can complete the award request online.
Mobile JMB WAON members can make award requests after registering with the app (available in Japanese only).
[Eligible JMB WAON Card members]
- JMB WAON Card members
- AEON JMB Card members (JMB WAON all-in-one type)
- BIC CAMERA JMB WAON card members
- JMB G.G WAON Card members
- AEON JMB Card members (JMB WAON all-in-one type with G.G logo)
- Mobile JMB WAON members
- *Members with two or more types of of WAON cards will be asked to designate the card that will receive the award.
STEP2Receive Your Award
The JMB WAON Card that you designated when making your award request is required to download and receive your award.
JMB WAON Card holders
- *The following JMB WAON members are also eligible:
JMB G.G WAON Card members
AEON JMB Card members (JMB WAON all-in-one type with G.G logo)
Download and receive your WAON electronic money at any WAON Station or Fami Port
Located at Family Mart stores throughout Japan
- *When downloading and receiving your WAON electronic money at a WAON Station or Fami Port, please note the business hours of the relevant store.
Mobile JMB WAON members
Download and receive your WAON electronic money using Osaifu-Keitai®.
Your WAON card has a maximum balance limit of ¥50,000. Please also note that your redeemed WAON electronic money will become invalid if you fail to load it onto your WAON card by the specified deadline below.
- *For WAON cards issued before April 1, 2011, the maximum balance limit is ¥20,000 but can be changed by the cardholder to ¥50,000 at any WAON Station.
Deadline for loading WAON electronic money
Your WAON electronic money will become invalid if you fail to download and receive it by the specified deadline. Please note that the deadline differs depending on the mileage redemption date (award request date).
|Mileage redemption date (award request date)||Deadline|
|March 29, 2017 - September 27, 2017||March 31, 2018|
|September 28, 2017 - March 28, 2018||September 30, 2018|
|March 29, 2018 - September 27, 2018||March 31, 2019|
For example, if you redeem your miles for WAON electronic money on October 15, 2017, the deadline for loading the full amount to your WAON card will be September 30, 2018.
Time required until WAON electronic money is available for download
After completing the award request process on the JAL website, please allow some time until your WAON electronic money is available for you to download to your WAON card. For mileage redemptions completed by 24:00 midnight, your WAON electronic money will be available for download from 6:00, two days after completing the award request.
- *Please note that more time may be required, due to system maintenance or other reasons.
- *Osaifu-Keitai® is a registered trademark of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
Downloading WAON electronic money acquired via promotions or other methods (in Japanese only)
STEP3Use Your Award
WAON electronic money can be used to pay for purchases at Family Mart, McDonald's, Yoshinoya, Bic Camera, Aeon, and other WAON member stores across Japan.
Supermarkets and general merchandise stores
Courier delivery services
Airports and other locations
WAON is accepted as payment at some 373,000 locations across Japan (as of end of December 2017)
- *WAON payment is not accepted at some stores. WAON cannot be used as payment for some products and services.
- *At JAL Plaza, WAON cannot be used to pay for flight tickets or tour fares.