JAL International Upgrade Awards
- JAL International Upgrade Awards are available for fewer miles by taking part in the following promotions.
Upgrade Discount Promotion
Promotion for Airport Upgrades
Promotion for FLY ON members only
- Effective November 1, 2016, one waitlisted reservation will be permitted per one flight sector.
Changes / Refunds after Mileage Redemption
- Reservation changes
Changes to upgrade award reservations are not permitted. If you wish to change your reservation, you must cancel and refund your existing upgrade reservation and then make a new upgrade reservation.
- Cancellations / Refunds
If you refund your unused upgrade award, the refund charge will not be incurred.
- *Mileage cannot be reinstated if you fail to board your reserved flight.
- *Mileage cannot be refunded to your account if it has already expired by the time you request to have it reinstated.
- *The Mileage Reinstatement Service for Unused Awards for Unused Awards is available when canceling an unused upgrade award after mileage deduction.
Deadline for Cancellations / Refunds
- Deadline for cancellations / refunds :
- One day prior to the departure of your upgrade award flight (*).
- *Until the end of business hours of call centers in each region.
- When you change your booked Premium Economy upgrade award to a Business Class upgrade award at the airport on the day of departure.
- When you cancel the purchased ticket, or change your reservation.