JAL International Upgrade Awards
- JAL International Upgrade Awards are available for fewer miles by taking part in the following promotions.
Upgrade Discount Promotion
Promotion for Airport Upgrades
Promotion for FLY ON members only
- Effective November 1, 2016, one waitlisted reservation will be permitted per one flight sector.
What are JAL International Upgrade Awards?
JAL International Award Tickets allow you to redeem your miles to fly in the next higher class of service that that of your purchased ticket.
International routes on the following JAL Group airlines are eligible for upgrade awards.
- Japan Airlines (JAL)
- *Flights without a higher class of service are not eligible.
- *Upgrade awards are not available on Japan domestic routes.
- *Upgrade awards are not available on codeshare flights operated by other airlines or on codeshare flights operated by JAL but bearing a flight number of another airline.
- *Other sectors may not be eligible. Non eligible flights and routes are subject to change without prior notice.
Tickets Eligible for Upgrade Awards
Tickets Eligible for Upgrade
Tickets with booking class J/C*/D*/X*/W*/E*/Y/B*/H*/K* printed in the CLASS column of the ticket.
|Business Class > First Class|
|Economy Class/Premium Economy Class > Business Class|
|Economy Class > Premium Economy Class|
- *Ineligible for Dynamic Package and other certain package tours.
Tickets Not Eligible for Upgrade
Individual or group inclusive tour fares, special discounted fares, JMB award tickets and tickets subject to special provisions.
- *Certain types of fares are not eligible for upgrade, regardless of whether an eligible fare is printed on the ticket.
- *Certain Dynamic Saver types are not eligible for upgrade. Please confirm that the fare type is eligible for upgrade awards before purchase.
- *Seats designated for upgrade awards are limited and may not be available even upon purchase of an eligible ticket.