JMB Sapphire is awarded to JMB members who meet either of the following criteria on JAL Group and oneworld alliance flights flown during the preceding calendar year from January to December:
- JMB member who has accrued at least 50,000 FLY ON Points (including 25,000 FLY ON Points on JAL Group flights), or
- JMB member who has attained at least 50 flights (including at least 25 JAL Group flights) and 15,000 FLY ON Points
- *Only flights that are flown on fares eligible for JMB mileage accrual will count toward the total number of flights qualifying for FLY ON status.
- *JMB Sapphire services cannot be used in conjunction with JAL Global Club services.
- *Please note that offered services are subject to change without notice.
JMB FLY ON members will also receive special services with oneworld alliance airlines.
JMB Sapphire members will be able to enjoy oneworld Sapphire services.
More information about oneworld tier status can be found here.
All services below will be available until March 31 of the second year following status qualification.
- First Services
- Services that are available to members around one week after status qualification
- Second Services
- Services that are available to members from the arrival of your FLY ON status card
- Third Services
- Services that are available from April 1 of the year following status qualification
*Third Services are available only to JMB Diamond and JGC Premier members.
*FLY ON membership cards will arrive around two to three weeks after qualification. Depending on where the member lives and for members living in regions other than Japan, circumstances may dictate that FLY ON status cards will arrive later than planned.
FLY ON Upgrade Package
A special service package is available to FLY ON status members whenever you fly.
JAL Totteoki-no-Ippin Limited Items
As part of the popular JAL Totteoki-no-Ippin service, special items are available exclusively to JMB Diamond, JGC Premier, and JMB Sapphire members.
Prepaid Gift Card Promotion at The Shilla Duty Free
During the promotion period until March 31, 2018, JMB Sapphire members who present their SAPPHIRE card and passport at the information desk of the participating The Shilla Duty Free store (in Seoul) will receive a prepaid card worth KRW 10,000.
- Prepaid card desk
- : Gift desk located on Basement 1 of the Seoul store.
- *One prepaid card will be offered one time per eligible member per following offer period:
From April 1 to June 30
From July 1 to September 30
From October 1 to December 31
From January 1 to March 31
- *Prepaid cards are not for sale. Any unused balance cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash.
Bonus WAON Promotion
During the promotion period until March 31, 2018 (request date), eligible members can redeem 10,000 miles for 12,000 WAON (equivalent to ¥12,000) and receive 2,000 more WAON than the standard 10,000 miles to 10,000 WAON redemption rate.
JAL Global Club
JMB members who qualify for JMB Sapphire or JMB Diamond will be invited to join JAL Global Club (JGC), an exclusive club designed to cater to the needs of our most experienced travelers. To participate, an annual membership fee is required.
- *Some restrictions apply to JGC membership invitations and JGC enrollment.
- *Employees of airlines or their related companies are not eligible for JGC membership.
- *Please note that a membership invitation may not be sent in some situations.