Airport Lounge Access
Criteria Based on Membership Status
Airport Lounge Access Service
JMB Diamond, JGC Premier, JMB Sapphire members
Present your DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card
Lounge access for the tier status member and one traveling companion
Present your DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card together with two lounge coupons (issued in exchange for miles)
Lounge access for the tier status member and one traveling companion, as well as two additional traveling companions upon presentation of two lounge coupons
JMB Crystal members
Present your CRYSTAL card together with one lounge coupon (issued in exchange for miles)
Lounge access for the tier status member only
How to Access a Lounge
To enter a lounge, hold your two-dimensional barcode or IC card over the barcode reader at the lounge entrance. If you will be using lounge coupons, please present them to the airport lounge staff.
- *At Okayama Airport, please receive a lounge coupon for Lounge Muscat at the check-in counter to gain access to the lounge.
- *To use a lounge when taking a codeshare flight operated by Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA) or Amakusa Airlines (AMX), you will need to collect your boarding pass at the check-in counter for presentation to the airport lounge staff.
- *At lounges without barcode readers, please present your DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card and boarding pass (or boarding information slip) at the lounge entrance.
Lounge access is available only to JMB Diamond, JGC Premier, JMB Sapphire members.
Please present your DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card and boarding pass to enter a lounge.
- *When departing from China (except Hong Kong), please present your DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card at check-in and receive a lounge coupon.
- *When using lounge coupons for traveling companions, please present the lounge coupons to the airport lounge staff at the lounge entrance. At airports outside Japan, please present the lounge coupon for your traveling companions at the check-in counter when you will be accessing any lounge other than a Sakura Lounge.
- *JAL Global Club members can enter airport lounges by presenting their JGC Card.
Presentation of both a JGC membership card and a FLY ON membership card will not grant lounge access to more than the allowed number of guests.
- *Lounge coupons issued in exchange for miles cannot be used to access the following lounges: JAL First Class Lounge, DIAMOND/PREMIER Lounge, international airport lounges in Paris and Shanghai (Hongqiao).
The Sakura Lounge at New Chitose Airport will be temporarily closed for renovation.
Planned closure dates: November 4, 2015 (Wed.) to summer 2016
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Eligible Routes and Fares for JAL Lounge Access
|International airport lounges||Japan domestic airport lounges|
|Eligible routes||JAL international routes||JAL Group domestic routes|
|Eligible fares||All fares||All fares|
- *Lounge access is not available to tier status members and traveling companions when flying on the following flights:
- Codeshare flights operated by JAL that bear the flight number of an airline other than JAL.
- Codeshare flights operated by other airlines that bear a JAL flight number (Some exceptions apply for certain flights and airports. For more information, please refer to the services offered on codeshare flights.)
- Flights other than those operated by JAL Group airlines.
- *Lounge access is subject to capacity constraints. Lounge access is not available upon arrival at your destination. Lounges open in accordance with departure time.
oneworld Lounge Access
Members with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use any of the some 600 lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any oneworld member airline flight.
- *Please present your DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card and boarding pass to enter a lounge. Lounges can be accessed by the tier status member and one traveling companion.
- *For more information about available lounges when flying on oneworld alliance member airlines flights, please ask the airport staff of the respective airline at the time of check-in.
- *Lounge coupons cannot be used to access a lounge.
- *Lounge access is not available to members who present a membership card equivalent of oneworld Ruby tier status.
- *At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints.
Access is available only on the day of departure when your onward flight is with a oneworld member airline.
Access to some lounges operated by third parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times.
For more information, please refer to oneworld lounge access.
Airport Lounge Restrictions
- *Travelers must present their DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card and boarding pass (or boarding information slip) to enter airport lounges. At some airports, travelers may be required to collect a lounge voucher at the check-in counter. For more information, please inquire with the airport check-in counter staff.
- *More information about airports where lounge access is available to traveling companions can be found at the following links:
(Domestic Flights,International Flights).
- *A maximum of 4 travelers (including the tier status member) are allowed for a single entry to a lounge. Airport lounge access is limited to a maximum of three traveling companions per tier status member (for a maximum of four travelers total), consisting of one traveling companion who is admitted upon presentation of a DIAMOND, SAPPHIRE or JGC PREMIER card and two traveling companions who are admitted upon presentation of two lounge coupons.
- *Tier status cardholders must accompany their traveling companions when entering a lounge. A traveling companion is defined as a passenger departing on a JAL Group flight on the same day as the tier status member. Traveling companions are not required to travel on the same flight as the tier status member.
- *Children three years of age or over (on Japan domestic flights) or two years of age or over (on international flights) are counted as a traveling companion.
- *At some airports, travelers may be required to request lounge access at the check-in counter prior to entering the lounge.