With an e-ticket, all of your purchase data is stored in JAL's computer database. The only thing you need to remember is to take your e-ticket itinerary/receipt.
Request your e-ticket online or by telephone. No more time spent picking up an air ticket. And you can even request your e-ticket at the last minute.
Your e-ticket itinerary/receipt can be sent by e-mail, fax or mail. Just take your passport along with your e-ticket itinerary/receipt to the airport.
No worries about forgetting your air ticket, or about theft or loss. If you misplace your e-ticket itinerary/receipt, a new one will be issued at no cost.
- Q Does this mean there are no air tickets anymore?
- A There are still air tickets, but the ticket data are stored electronically instead of being printed on paper.
- Q What do I need to purchase an e-ticket?
- A It would be benificial if you could register your JAL Mileage Bank membership number, passport number,etc. at the time of purchase for identification purposes.
- Q So I don't have to worry about my air ticket when traveling?
- A That's correct, but you do need to show your e-ticket itinerary/receipt when checking in. You may also need to present your e-ticket itinerary/receipt when going through immigration procedures.
- Q What is an e-ticket itinerary/receipt?
- A It is a receipt for passengers indicating their itinerary and other information. You must show your e-ticket itinerary/receipt when checking in. Not having your e-ticket itinerary/receipt may take time for check-in.
- Q Can anyone request an e-ticket itinerary/receipt to be reissued?
- A No, identification check will be made. If you can provide a registered JAL Mileage Bank membership number, passport number,etc. the check will be conducted promptly.
- Q I am traveling to the US and heard that I need to show my return air ticket entering the country.
- A Proof of the return trip is required for the Visa Waiver Program, but you can show your e-ticket itinerary/receipt instead of an air ticket. This applies to the US and other nations with similar requirements.
- ●Applicable fares and air tickets
- e-tickets apply to all fares, including JAL Mileage Bank award tickets.
- ●The passenger's copy and the notice incident thereto along with the notice including the terms and conditions on the e-ticket itinerary/receipt constitute a portion of the “passenger ticket” as required by Article 3 of the Warsaw Convention. Please keep your e-ticket itinerary/receipt close at hand throughout your travel. When checking in, ensure that you have all of the documents necessary for emigration and immigration procedures including your e-ticket itinerary/receipt. If requested to show your air ticket during immigration/emigration inspection, present the e-ticket itinerary/receipt.
●If the information shown on your e-ticket itinerary/receipt differs from that stored in the JAL database, the latter shall be deemed the valid e-ticket information.
To Page top