Inflight Wi-Fi (international routes)
when you fly
You can connect your smartphone, tablet PC and
other Wi-Fi capable devices to internet on our domestic flights.
How to access to internet on board
STEP 1Connect to Wi-Fi
Turn on the Wi-Fi mode on your devices. Select "Japan Airlines" from the wireless network list and connect.
For smartphone or tablet PC users, please make sure that airplane mode is turned on.
STEP 2Open the Wi-Fi portal page
The Wi-Fi portal page will be automatically shown when you open your browser. If the page does not appear automatically, please manually type in the URL as http://jal-wifi.com
Follow the instructions on the page and proceed to payment. For more details about the procedures, please refer to the Wi-Fi User Guide.
Viewing the PDF file requires Adobe Reader. Please read the following if Adobe Reader is not installed on your device.
- *You may also find the Wi-Fi User Guide from the seat pocket in front of you.
- You cannot use VoIP service such as Skype during a flight because of limited communication capacity.
- As the inflight Wi-Fi relies on the use of satellite communications, access to the Internet may be lost or unstable on certain flight routes and due to weather conditions. When connections are lost or become unstable, normal access may not be restored for a period of several minutes to several hours.
- Communications satellite coverage is not available in airspace over the Alaska/Canada border. Communications may be interrupted for upwards of an hour on certain flight routes.
- It may take more time to view or download large videos or data which require high-speed Internet connection. It may also be difficult to establish a connection at times of heavy network access by other users.
Better deals for JAL Mileage Bank members
Please see our FAQ for questions concerning inflight Wi-Fi service.
- Questions about
Inflight Wi-Fi service
- Questions about
the purchase process
- Features and restrictions
Inflight internet access service on international flights is provided by T-mobile.
For questions regarding this service, including account registration or technical problem in connectivity, please contact below.
Contact by e-mail
Contact by phone
Toll-free in Japan (Japanese/English)
* IP phone is not supported.
For international call (Japanese/English)
* Phone charges (if any) will be appled to the caller.